1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Couldn´t close a position with profit with IC markets due to a 'no quotes' error

Discussion in 'Scam Alerts' started by Spirid, Sep 19, 2019.

1. Spirid

Spirid Recruit

Hi eveyone,

I had a position in EUR/JPY after few hours didn´t move to much and I wanted to close it with 60€ profit, but it was saying 'no quotes' when I tried to close it mannually and the profit went down to 20-30€.

I tried to contact thru the '24/7' chat but it was saying to wait 17 min.

After 15 min, finally I was able to close it.

Since a few months I'm with IC markets and everything was perfect till now.

I can not trust this broker anymore.. what if I was lossing or winning with a bigger lot sizes.

2. 4evermaat

4evermaat 2nd Lieutenant

there have been several recent reports of IC Markets doing some questionable things to trip up clients. And they are doing it in a way that would catch the client off-guard.

Regardless of the broker you use, in the future you should record the terminal/screen when you trade. Use ThunderShare.net (free), Bandicam, or BSR screen recorder to continuously record your trading sessions (with auto-saving of video) If you have multiple accounts, you can try to capture the ones you trade most often.

Video would help catch the manipulation in the act. And makes a claim against the company much easier to judge.