• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

currency cash machine

Amy

I dont doubt that the Mad Hedge Funds Trader knows Barton Biggs: they both worked for Morgan Stanley when Thomas managed japanese equities.

The difference is Barton Biggs was Barton Biggs in 1995 and is still named Barton Biggs today. You can also visit the Traxis Partners website and you wont be pestered with scam offers and malwares like when you visit wealthinsideralliance. So what happened to John Thomas since he rubbed shoulders with Barton Biggs and others ?

By the way, Biggs recommendations in 2010 was to buy a farmhouse well away from any city with lots of canned food, seeds, fertilizers, guns and also plenty of ammos to fend off doomsday pillagers intent on stealing your crops. Now I dunno who between him and Thomas deserves the title " Mad hedge funds trader ".

Anyway, if your account is up 40% since you started trading with John Thomas, all is well. The man sure has true credentials apart from his fertile imagination with uncles stories and the likes. But note that he does not manage funds anymore. In his promotional material, he says that he manages a hedge fund with a minimum investment of 5 millions to join. Ask him the name of his fictitious fund. Or is it an impertinent question to ask ? Are you too shy to ask him ? Methink that, for your 2000 dollars fee, you should be allowed to ask.

I guess the best thing for him would be to take his distance from Greg Roy and the Wealth Insider Alliance if his trading signals service is " the real deal " as you say. His credibility could only benefit if he went his own way.

Last edited:
we are 3 so far so we are still looking for 7 more.

count me in. my email is DELETED

AsstModerator Note: If I see anything else like this, I will start banning accounts. I don't care if this company's product is the best on the market or a scam, the FPA takes a very active stance against copyright violations.

Last edited by a moderator:
MichelAnge21,

Its possible that John Thomas isn't aware of the Malware, if it really exists. He is relatively new to Wealth Insider Alliance. He would probably appreciate it if you let him know your concerns with WIA. His email is madhedgefundtrader@yahoo.com (The Mad Hedge Fund Trader)

I personally find the WIA spam very annoying, and I have unsubscribed 4 times and somehow I get re-subscribed every time.

MichelAnge21,

Actually if you listen to the Barton Biggs interview I linked to he was very bullish in early 2010.

Btw I don't have 40% returns from the service, but his scorecard is up 40% and I have followed every trade and they were legit and accurate. I just didnt ececute every trade, and where I did I took smaller positions. One catch though, he sometimes gets his alerts out 1-2 hours after his trade and he sometimes gets a better price than you can.

Boguuuuus

Really?

How many "hedge funds" even bother to think about slinging their chicken feed to the "Un-Accredited" masses.

"Because I have 3 other systems that out perform it!"

So we're hyping and pumpin' fourth tier poor man's access out the back door illegally?

I'm gunna risk my hedge fund for a 2K a pop, step right up, you can drive it away today ...cuz it wont be here tomorrow!

Seriously?

Amy

Biggs goes from cataclysmic predictions to optimism like a bipolar. Just google "Barton Biggs doomsday " It was an article in businessinsider from early january 2010 that I read about the farmhouse and the ammos.

As for Thomas who sends a signal 1-2 hours after he supposedly entered a trade, that would allow him to artificially boost his stated ROI. You have no proof he actually entered the trade before announcing it. Maybe he just watched the market move and " decided " that he entered 2 hours in the past just to look good. I m presently watching eur-cad and thinking about entering long as it gained 25 pips. Can I claim I entered the trade 1 hour ago ? Thomas claimed results should be strictly what his clients can achieve by following his signals at the time of release.

Last edited:
Currency Cash Machine?

okay, according to the mathematics it sounds really unbelievable :confused:! However that being said there are a lot of people signing up and if there is a problem then they should be a lot of people screaming their heads off about the service, we all know that bad news travels fast than good news It is actually travels seven times to every five times of good news, so if this is a scam we should have known about it by now!

I'm on the border of doing something, I know I can get my money back if I pay through credit card, I've done it before and it works you've got 120 days to make a claim before it dries up, and you will get your money back you just have two prove that you are scanned! So keep good records of everything, if they refuse to answer your e-mails or if they refuse help you in any way whatsoever this is probable cause for refund! ;)

Regards :)

"Maybe he just watched the market move and " decided " that he entered 2 hours in the past just to look good"

Maybe, but it cuts both ways, sometimes you benefit from the delay in getting the message because things have moved into your favor. I agree that the scorecard should be based on the price based on when the alert was sent out. Extreme skepticism of any investing service is warranted, I don't blame you, but I've vetted this one out enough to be very comfortable with it.

Williamson

I really dont get it when you say bad news travel faster than good news. In this thread, I have been arguing that many people have lost their savings to investment schemes promoted by wealthinsider alliance and the people that are associated with it. I have mentioned the 90% negative returns with Greg Roy in 2009 for example. I have mentioned the address wealthinsideralliance give as theirs is apparently up for rent by realtors in Albuquerque.; that there s no " Mike Maffei "; that his " audited fund " is a joke etc etc etc

I dont see my "bad news" traveling fast at all. What I clearly see are more and more people saying " count me in ! " because Maffei says he will turn their 10k into 100k in 2 months " frontrunning the Big Banks " which is an outrageous and unbelievable claim. And explaining to them in a rational way why it is unbelievable is mostly useless: they want it to be true.

Bad news do not travel fast at all with investment schemes: those people can actually have a lifelong career. They simply switch from one unbelievable internet campaign to a new similarly unbelievable campaign. Today, it s a " currency cash machine ": tomorrow, it will be the " stupendous money creator ". Instead of frontrunning the banks, they will have found a way to wiretap Bernanke s personal phone I guess....

Some scams are so classic and old that they have their own name like " the nigerian letter " etc. That does nt stop new people from getting caught by them every day.

How long did it take for the " bad news " to reach the investors ears in the case of Bernie Madoff ? There were whistleblowers back in 1999 and it took 10 years for their " bad news " to be heard. And why ? I ll tell you why...because of greed.

Greed causes people to believe the most outrageous claims of those " get-rich quick " schemes and makes them deaf to common sense.

Last edited:
Can WIA explain what is the guarantee that after 90 days it will still be possible to claim a refund? After 60 days it probably becomes harder to claim for a refund. After 90 days WIA may have taken out all the sales proceeds out of the account, the credit card won't have any way to honor the refund.

Back