Currency interventions

masonex

Recruit
:err:
Is it possible to get information about currency interventions at least 1 minute or less before intervention happens.
Maybe Mr.Stavro could provide us with signals?

Japan Fin. Minister promised to intervene in forex market to lower Yen this month, but, forgot to mention exact day/hour and minute.

:err:

Completely Puzzled

On Australian news services the commentators say the precarious situation in Europe is causing the Australian dollar to drop .Now I am in a losing situation of buying the AUDJPY so you can say I am whinging .However I need to understand why the Australian dollar is going down against the Japanese Yen . In a recent report I noticed the Japanese deficit is 198% of GDP and Australia was only 33% . We don't have any major earthquakes ,tsunamis or Nuclear meltdowns and we have higher interest rates and abundant raw materials . Maybe it is those fat cat corporations and bankers the protesters in America are currently venting their anger at who are just toying with logic just to empty my trading account . Now would be a good time Mr. Japanese Central Banker to do a major selling down of your currency .

Michael, I feel your pain. My long term swing trades on the AUDUSD aren't exactly rolling in profit at the moment.

Masonex, if we could get that information, other traders would be getting it too. Sometimes it's possible to get a scheduled release exactly as it comes out and catch a spike, but many interventions aren't set for a very specific time.

Of course, I'll wager that some of the people in the finance ministries of some countries have offshore accounts and place some very lucrative trades based on what they know will happen the next day.
:unhappy:

Lucky Lucky

Well my trades did a complete U Turn and now I am back into the black . Maybe this forum is read by the Japanese Finance minister after all ????

Back