Currency nicknames

uktrader

Private
GBP/USD = Cable (from Trans-Atlantic cable between US & Britain)
EUR/USD = Euro or Fiber
USD/CHF = Swissy
USD/CAD = Loonie (from bird on Canadian coin)
AUD/USD = Ozzie
EUR/JPY = Euppy (pronounced "Yuppy")
GBP/JPY = Gopher
EUR/GBP = Chunnel (from channel tunnel between Britain & France)
USD/JPY = Yen

Most of these make some sense, but does anyone know the meaning behind "Fiber"?

GBP/USD = Cable (from Trans-Atlantic cable between US & Britain)
EUR/USD = Euro or Fiber
USD/CHF = Swissy
USD/CAD = Loonie (from bird on Canadian coin)
AUD/USD = Ozzie
EUR/JPY = Euppy (pronounced "Yuppy")
GBP/JPY = Gopher
EUR/GBP = Chunnel (from channel tunnel between Britain & France)
USD/JPY = Yen

What is GBP/CHF? can you please post all of the possible shortnames for the currencies that is being trade. Thanks;)

I'm not sure if all of them have nicknames or not. We could always create a few, use them here and in other forums, and see if we can get them to catch on.
;)

I'm not sure if all of them have nicknames or not. We could always create a few, use them here and in other forums, and see if we can get them to catch on.
;)

Thanks pharaoh, can you tell me why is it that the Switzerland symbol is CHF, why not SWF? Isn't it that the first two letters identify the name of the country and the third letter identifies the name of that country’s currency?

Thanks pharaoh, can you tell me why is it that the Switzerland symbol is CHF, why not SWF? Isn't it that the first two letters identify the name of the country and the third letter identifies the name of that country’s currency?

Hi,

CH is the international abbreviation for Switzerland (comes from Latin "Confederatio Helvetica")

Nix the n**ja term

USD/JPY = Ninja

Nix the n**ja term
Ninja pronounced Ni-n–ja 3 symbols. It was a derogatory term referencing people considered sub human, death was to honorable a punishment. They were kicked out of society to endure life without social benefits.

Nix the n**ja term
Ninja pronounced Ni-n–ja 3 symbols. It was a derogatory term referencing people considered sub human, death was to honorable a punishment. They were kicked out of society to endure life without social benefits.

Yes, but they get to wear cool pajamas when they work. :p

Back