Currency Strength Indicator?

It's true, volume in Forex is different than at the stocks, so it's difficult to get a clear image of how much was actually traded.

About the books, I would recommend everything from Alexander Elder if you haven't read already.
I've got 2 of them, but currently almost finished with Reminisces of a Stock Operator & LOVE IT!! Wow & some say "Wall Street" are "bad" TODAY??!! Imagine dealing with those old "bucket shops"!! Then again, I guess FPA may not even be here today if it weren't for their modern counterparts!

I've got 2 of them, but currently almost finished with Reminisces of a Stock Operator & LOVE IT!! Wow & some say "Wall Street" are "bad" TODAY??!! Imagine dealing with those old "bucket shops"!! Then again, I guess FPA may not even be here today if it weren't for their modern counterparts!

The books that you have mentioned are the ones that will boost the morale of the traders and allow them to earn a good income from their trading :)

Well, unfortunately, due to globalization and internet access today it's easy to manipulate the markets, whether by brokers on a small scale or by dealers and banks on a large scale...

Well, unfortunately, due to globalization and internet access today it's easy to manipulate the markets, whether by brokers on a small scale or by dealers and banks on a large scale...

There are many types of Brokers in the markets and we have to use only those brokers on whom we are able to trust with our deals :)

Thought I'd try out a US broker this week, signed up for demo last weekend. Placed 2 trades, long, USDJPY & USDAUD-thinking medium-long term.
Opened up MT4 this morning, (wasn't impressed with their own platform), checked the trades-despite a 40-pip stop loss I was stopped out of USDAUD...BUT WAIT-there was 26 pips between my stop and the highest price in the past 4 days??!! I took snapshots, sent them to the persistent acct mgr (who sends me 2-3 emails/day & calls at least once trying to get me to go "live"). His response, "It's the spread. Because it's not one of the "popular" currencies and there was news last night out of Australia, we had a 30-pip spread this morning. Just widen your stop losses. Have you thought about funding your account next week? We can just take $50-$100 to start and you can start building it up.....ya da ya da ya da.." (Slightly paraphrased)

Guess who's not getting a penny of my money??!! NOT "popular"?? AUDUSD?? *30* PIPS??!! Over 12 hours AFTER news??!!
UGHH!! :eek:
image.jpeg

Thought I'd try out a US broker this week, signed up for demo last weekend. Placed 2 trades, long, USDJPY & USDAUD-thinking medium-long term.
Opened up MT4 this morning, (wasn't impressed with their own platform), checked the trades-despite a 40-pip stop loss I was stopped out of USDAUD...BUT WAIT-there was 26 pips between my stop and the highest price in the past 4 days??!! I took snapshots, sent them to the persistent acct mgr (who sends me 2-3 emails/day & calls at least once trying to get me to go "live"). His response, "It's the spread. Because it's not one of the "popular" currencies and there was news last night out of Australia, we had a 30-pip spread this morning. Just widen your stop losses. Have you thought about funding your account next week? We can just take $50-$100 to start and you can start building it up.....ya da ya da ya da.." (Slightly paraphrased)

Guess who's not getting a penny of my money??!! NOT "popular"?? AUDUSD?? *30* PIPS??!! Over 12 hours AFTER news??!!
UGHH!! :eek:
View attachment 25058
Sounds like a rip off.

Back