i only use elliott wave
any platform will do for that

read elliott wave principle by prechter and frost

resolving 1st trade posting question

Cyclon trade EUR/USD Buy @ 1.4042

Sell EUR/USD @ 1.4080 hit target + 38 pips

not a good trade - bad entry due to my own fault
guess I'll take the gain anyway

this was 1st post of a trade. I saw that it should have been listed as open as I did on 2nd trade post. sorry for the confusion.

close and reopen

Sell EUR/USD @ 1.4136
S/L 1.4159 target 1.3950

close of trade - closed out early @ 1.4154 -(18 pips)

open trade - Sell EUR/USD @ 1.4163 target revised to 1.4110 area for SAR

this was 1st post of a trade. I saw that it should have been listed as open as I did on 2nd trade post. sorry for the confusion.

Not making any sense, it cant still be open, the SP went up after your short although you gave no SL for this it is unlikely to still be open AND you have traded another a short on the same pair at a higher price since which also made a loss.

If you are going to post your trades you need to post the closes and times as well or you just leave everyone wondering if you really did the trade or you are faking it.
A bad day today then, another 23 pips down. Unfortunately I went with you, but would have been 92 pips up I I had had the sense to stick to my normal system (PowerBreak).

here are the trade times

buy was at 10/8 14:42 EST US
sell was at 10/9 10:55 EST US
this sell was marked as a close but in the title not the body - again, sorry :(

and the 2nd posting included a reopen Sell @ 1.4163 at just after 11:00 est

I had not intended for a chat room type of posting on this thread as I may not always be closely attending trades like on this one. I really held too much drawdown on this as you'll see by checking the times with the chart. As I said it was a bad trade. If I were to fake one I would try to be more creative. But I'll post more detail in future, with times and all.

With all that said it should be apparent that I failed to check out that trade and my 2nd posting (the 18 pip loss) properly against the key. That is why I have an intermediate change for targets.

This is what I am looking at:
a drop of EUR/USD to around 1.4110 then exceeding today's high of 1.4170 but failing above there to make new ground above trend high of 1.4281

This is because I am labeling this move between 1.4014 and 1.4280 as wave 2 of A of (B) of [ B ]. Eventual target of (B) 1.3030 - 1.3200 and eventual target of [ B ] above 1.5000. This labeling will not make sense to most wavers, I realize.

Now if that don't happen I'm gonna have to eat more than crow. Good luck!

Last edited:
Back