• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Problem DeCurret Pro (www.decurretpro.com or www.h5.decurretpro.com)

I am having an issue with a company
I'm out $7500 so far. The tax payment would be another almost $16K. I was about to be so screwed. I borrowed money to pay the tax bill. THANK GOD you guys posted this info!
Take screen shots of all communication, all trades, their website, wallet addresses, etc. Then let us know what country you are from so we can advise where to report this fraud.

A lady, called Claire contacted me about the same thing. Claims her name is really He Liqing and is from Irvine, CA. Supposedly Focus BBQ is near her house. I knew this was a scam, but I sent 500 thinking maybe I could scam the scammer but could never get them to send me the money back to my account that I had supposedly made.

Sent the money to this address

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221008-074857.png
    Screenshot_20221008-074857.png
    160.5 KB · Views: 9
Yes, I am from the United States. I started losing my money in December, but it carried over into January. I suppose I'll just leave this issue to my CPA. Fingers crossed that I found one that can help since everywhere I call is already booked up with clients.
Hi, I have encountered the same situation and lost my lifetime saving. I have followed the advise from this thread to do what I can, but now in the tax season, IRS said I couldn't file it as 'Ponzi Scheme Losses'.... Any success with your CPA to file your case? Could you please introduce your CPA if we can file tax under 'Ponzi Scheme Losses'? Thank you.

Hi, I have encountered the same situation and lost my lifetime saving. I have followed the advise from this thread to do what I can, but now in the tax season, IRS said I couldn't file it as 'Ponzi Scheme Losses'.... Any success with your CPA to file your case? Could you please introduce your CPA if we can file tax under 'Ponzi Scheme Losses'? Thank you.
The IRS told you this or the CPA you spoke with told you this "IRS said I couldn't file it as 'Ponzi Scheme Losses'?

The IRS told you this or the CPA you spoke with told you this "IRS said I couldn't file it as 'Ponzi Scheme Losses'?
I have called IRS and describe my situation, the officer told me that my case is not qualified for 'Ponzi Scheme Losses' to file form 4684 per regulation 547. Before I contacted IRS, I have reaching out to several CPAs, but they don't know 'Ponzi Scheme Losses' until I mentioned form 4684 and shared IRS website information. The CPAs required me to share IC3, FTC, and police report for evaluation.

I have called IRS and describe my situation, the officer told me that my case is not qualified for 'Ponzi Scheme Losses' to file form 4684 per regulation 547. Before I contacted IRS, I have reaching out to several CPAs, but they don't know 'Ponzi Scheme Losses' until I mentioned form 4684 and shared IRS website information. The CPAs required me to share IC3, FTC, and police report for evaluation.
You will have to find a CPA and discuss with them or you will likely have to file this as a commercial loss. At minimum, you should be able to file a commercial loss.

Back