Demise of News Trading?

piphog

Private
It's no secret that news trading has become a phenomenon in FOREX trading. Anyone following big impact announcements and follows price action that follows knows that spikes hit INSTANTLY. With this in mind and the rising popularity of news-trading gurus like Felix, what does the future of news-trading look like for those of us who have been trading for years?

News spike trading DOES NOT exist, it never existed in the real market. The way that spike traders used to make money, until 3-4 months ago, was to trade the spike on bucket shops that were lagging on real market prices. If there was a real value in this method then the "subscriptions" to this kind of services would be $$$$^10/per trade.

PS. I sell an ebook for only $5 which gives instructions on how to become a millionaire (you get my point right? :p)

hmmm , have to agree

well as much as I love a good spike as the next guy ,, I think at least trading the spike days are gone ... even with the fancy software ,,, all the bucketshops out there , ((and its my belief that for the most part as retail traders thats what we have available to us )))... thease shops know the game now ,,, widen the spread, then slip you another 20 pips on top ,,, I dont know to many trader,s that can trade that way and make a buck , my broker does that and more ...
To bad couse it was fun to grab 50 pips in 20 sec s and call it a day ,,, it almost felt like the little guy had an edge ,, ahh well , have to find a way to exploit the retracment after the spike I guess ,,,

:)
peace
hempster

Making money off of news releases has always been and will always be an opportunity to make money in the forex market.

As others have posted, it just depends on the technique and strategy that you chose to capture the pips. Spike trading has died (or never really existed), after and pre-spike trading will always be here.

You can still trade the news if you know what you are doing. Even if the price strongly moves upward, there will be a pull back and that is a good pace to enter (usually with an OK spead)

Yap, this is true that news following trading is always the first choice of trader. But it is really tough for a new trader to do news trading, price action etc. I think these trading techniques are little higher level technique. But if one can do it they will get success in a very short time. In my trading experience I have never seen spike trading or something like that exist. So, I have a doubt on that.

News trading is just a speculation. Why price changes prior to news? Traders open positions in a hope, so whoever has the power - buyers or sellers - move the price up or down. A good trader never opens trade prior to big announcement, as it is always unpredictable and basically gambling, 50/50 chances.

News trading is nothing but just predicting the market. Trader tries to find out the reason through news trading that why most of the prices in trading changes. That’s why most of the trader choose news trading as their strategy. But most of the new trader do the mistake that they don’t understand news trading and use it like gambling. Still I don’t understand news trading properly, that’s why I am not using it.

I only ever tried news trading as a newbie and I quickly realized it wasn't for me. The situation usually develops too quickly for my taste, so I just avoid the news and trade after the market has calmed down.

Back