Demo accounts

BaibarsB, maybe I am just too fast person because I don't understand people who sit away and spend way too much time on preparation while you can change your life next second. Same way as I don't understand people who think that trading is about easy money

Sometime I am hear from beginner trader he can making easy profit on demo but after jump to real account stil get fail, maybe one reason why trader fail in real although success in demo is because different emotion between demo and real account

Of course, there are reasons why winning on demo is not a sure path to winning on live. Psychology will make some people more likely to grab minimul profits for fear of a price turning against them. The same fear of losing can also lead to extending SLs, since "price HAS to turn my way".

Even a purely mechanical system, such as an EA may work on demo, but fail on live for the simple reason that slippage and requotes are much more brutal on live. Scalping systems aiming for a few pips are exceptionally vulnerable to this.

There's also the very distinct possibility (probability?) that some very bad brokers run a VDP plugin in reverse for demo accounts - thus giving newbies much better fills than they should get on a legitimate demo.

However poor a simulation demo is to live, I have one critical question. Has anyone ever heard of a trader making massive losses on demo moving directly to live and having that losing strategy turn into a winning strategy in the live market? :p

BaibarsB, maybe I am just too fast person because I don't understand people who sit away and spend way too much time on preparation while you can change your life next second. Same way as I don't understand people who think that trading is about easy money
many people are fast and after success in demo they are sure in success in live. But life can change for better or for worst next second. Of course, trading isn't about easy money.

Demo account trading is necessary because you get to know how trading works. If you don't trade in a demo account and go straight for real one, then you can lose a lot.

Demo account trading is necessary because you get to know how trading works. If you don't trade in a demo account and go straight for real one, then you can lose a lot.

It is a known fact that when ever we are using the Demo trading accounts then our trades are also good and we start getting more profits from such trades in the Real accounts also :)

demo accounts are awe
Hi guys!
Can you name me some advantages and disadvantages of demo accounts?
demo accounts are great for beginners because you don't lose your capital while practicing and you can test your trading strategy but in a lot of the times demo and real conditions differ like day and night. when traders succeed in their demo accounts they get overwhelmed with excitement therefore tend to make fast decisions, which can turn out far worse than expected, like not gaining enough or...

demo accounts are awe
Hi guys!
Can you name me some advantages and disadvantages of demo accounts?
demo accounts are great for beginners because you don't lose your capital while practicing and you can test your trading strategy but in a lot of the times demo and real conditions differ like day and night. when traders succeed in their demo accounts they get overwhelmed with excitement therefore tend to make fast decisions, which can turn out far worse than expected, like not gaining enough or...

I guess i should rephrase my words for better understanding, i had written that demo account should be practiced for quite sometime however it may seems a tiring job to many traders but those who keep on practicing it might learn more experience than others.

Using demo account to learn and practice is good if any trader they can seriously in learning, because in demo account, thye real market is remain same and to backtest any system and ea use demo account always free from risk

If we put stress aside, you are right that demo accounts work differently. But that's only for spread and slippage. If you are a swing trader, chasing for 100+ pips it won't make a major difference between real and demo.
I see now. thank you for your answer. but can't we say that any other trading strategy requires real account testing?

Back