Demo accounts

It:s good if since learning in demo already have an equal mindset like as in real trading, so will learn seriously how to manage money in the demo with implemented all trading straregies

I will rather say that we should treat the demo account as our real business equity and do not trade a demo account like gambling. Because the demo account trading is something that you are really training your mind and if you become arrogant and don't take it seriously then you will blow many demo accounts as well as your real account will also wiped out within no time.

I will rather say that we should treat the demo account as our real business equity and do not trade a demo account like gambling. Because the demo account trading is something that you are really training your mind and if you become arrogant and don't take it seriously then you will blow many demo accounts as well as your real account will also wiped out within no time.
That`s the right mindset. Congrats. :)

Exactly this. I see no point in opening a demo for £100k when I'm realitically going to be trading with maybe £1k at the start. What can I possibly learn by throwin around vast sums of money like it's monopoly. Better to have a smaller account and protect it like it IS my own money. This will better prepare me for the psychological extra level of stake my own money.

You are right if we see our demo account performance it is not real performance ,due to many reasons as capital is very high and profit taking is easy . You not bother the loss you did on demo accounts. I personally experience we had less emotional involvement while trading on demo.
These things act as illusion when you go to live account with demo performance.

The demo account allows you to learn about the mechanics of forex trading and test your trading skills and processes with ZERO risk.

There are a multitude of benefits associated with practicing on a demo account, including: Actual practice in a live market environment. The ability to familiarize yourself with the technical aspects of the software platform. Access to market charts, trading signals, Forex news and more.

The demo account allows you to learn about the mechanics of forex trading and test your trading skills and processes with ZERO risk.

So actually when we lose in demo account we actually lose nothing because of the virtual funds yet it can help us adding some experience which trade on live can lead us to lose our money.

Here is my answer that i have made in a similar thread:
The main issue with demo is that it is emotionless, and Mental is the most important thing in trading, the ability to control the left brain (seat of emotions).
It is easy to trade/play with money you don't have isn't it?
So to answer to the question: I guess a month maybe is enough to test your new strategy but it is much better to test it with real account using micro-lots, at lease you will get a hint of a stress..
More tips in this video that i have recently made for newbees:

Cheers

Back