Deposit by VISA Credit Card

If you afraid Brokers can continue to withdraw money from your credit card, you should use Debit card instead of Credit card.

Note: Moneybookers has limited amount to UPLOAD, WITHDRAWAL & SEND/SPEND :)

FXDM, thank you for that info.

Yes, MoneyBookers do have limited amount to UPLOAD, WITHDRAWAL & SEND/SPEND. However, I am in the process of verifying either my bank account or home address with them to increase these limits.
Let's see exactly how much an "increase" they meant by that after I have got either one of that done.

Cheers and all the best!

usd10k?? That should be sufficient as forex trading is not quite "legal" in my country and we would be wise to move below usd10k into and out of the country to avoid attracting our government "radar" detection : )

Anywhere, if so required, I guess I can carry out multiple slightly below usd10k transactions. The important thing is that the money broker must be trustworthy; right!

Once again, thanks for that info.

Careful

usd10k?? That should be sufficient as forex trading is not quite "legal" in my country and we would be wise to move below usd10k into and out of the country to avoid attracting our government "radar" detection : )

Anywhere, if so required, I guess I can carry out multiple slightly below usd10k transactions. The important thing is that the money broker must be trustworthy; right!

Once again, thanks for that info.

Be very careful when using a credit card or debit card on the net. When you want to fund your account with a CC or DC you must give all your information to the vendor i.e. name, address, and csv number. A fraudulent broker can then go around the internet buying goods with your CC or DC.

Beware once someone has all your details they can pose as you online and go on a shopping spree. Make sure only regulated companies obtain your CC or DC details.:)

Thank you PH_UK for that advise.

In MoneyBookers web site they claimed the following:

"Moneybookers is a leading international online payment system and electronic money issuer authorised under UK and EU law and regulated by the Financial Services Authority (FSA) in the UK."

Is the above regulatory body regulated enough to protect clients of MoneyBookers from possible frauds?

Cheers & all the best!

Thank you PH_UK for that advise.

In MoneyBookers web site they claimed the following:

"Moneybookers is a leading international online payment system and electronic money issuer authorised under UK and EU law and regulated by the Financial Services Authority (FSA) in the UK."

Is the above regulatory body regulated enough to protect clients of MoneyBookers from possible frauds?

Cheers & all the best!

Yes sir, check out their site!
Financial Services Authority

FSA Regulated

RahmanSL,

After a quick review of Moneybookers Ltd on the FSA website you can be assured that your credit card details will be safe with them.

Moneybookers Ltd, is authorised/ regulated by the FSA their registration number with the FSA is 214225. They have been authorised since 05/02/2003, and there exists no disciplinary history to date.

You can check this information for yourself here: FSA Register

Also if you come accross a broker or a payment services company who state they are regulated by the FSA you can check on the FSA register to see if they truly are.;)

One More Thing

Rahman,

Also, Moneybookers Ltd is registered in England and Wales under Company No 4260907. This means that they are subject to UK wide legislation, and the law of England and Wales. The Data Protection Act 1998 (amended 2003) is applicable to Moneybookers Ltd. Here are the general principles of the DPA 2003:

The Data Protection Act 1998 establishes the following 8 principles in relation to the processing (ie management) of personal data

1.Personal data should be processed fairly and lawfully.
2.Data should only be obtained for specified purposes and should not be further processed in a manner incompatible with these purposes.
3.Personal data should be adequate relevant and not excessive in relation to the purposes for which they were collected.
4.Personal data should be accurate and where necessary kept up to date.
5.Personal data should not be kept longer than is needed for its intended purpose.
6.Personal data should be processed in accordance with the rights of the individual which the information concerns.
7.Appropriate measures should be taken against unauthorised or unlawful processing or destruction of personal data.
8.Personal data should not be transferred outside the European Economic Area (the EU states plus Liechtenstein, Iceland and Norway).

So you can be sure you details are kept safe, will not be abused, and you will not see unauthorised items purchased on your credit card.

I hope this gives you peace of mind. ;)

Thank you PH_UK for taking the time to check out MoneyBookers authenticity.
And yes, it most definitely give me assurances and peace of mind to know that my confidential details are safe with them.

Cheers and all the best!

Back