Deposit by VISA Credit Card

Hmmmnnn. . . sounds like I can move MoneyBookers from the "highly suspicious e-currency" category to the "might be ok" e-currency category.
:D

"Hmmmnnn. . . sounds like I can move MoneyBookers from the "highly suspicious e-currency" category to the "might be ok" e-currency category."

Now you made me just a little bit apprehensive with regards to MoneyBookers as a secured and trustworthy e-currency broker!

I've got high standards. "Might be ok" in my book puts them up there in the same general range as PayPal and FDIC insured banks.
:p

"I've got high standards. "Might be ok" in my book puts them up there in the same general range as PayPal and FDIC insured banks".

Are these 3 money brokers "high enough standards"?? : (

MoneyBrookers came back in an e-mail that, Quote:"...and unfortunately we are unable to provide you with our bank's phone number as this transfer is supposed to send to an organization's bank account not to an individual's bank account".

To clarify:
I am trying out wire transfer via e-banking and all fields in "Beneficiary" field have to be filled and one of them being a) Telephone contact number, and b) e-mail contact...without which I am unable to effect electronic wire transfer directly from my bank account.

To clarify further:
MoneyBookers has a telephone listed in their web site (44 020 7608 8460), but my Bank would not accept/recognize that telephone number. No e-mail address was given either, and hence my e-mail enquiry to them regarding their telephone number & e-mail address.

Hmmmm, so anybody can advise whether the above (i.e not giving out tel & e-mail) is normal practice and that I have absolutely nothing to worry about???

P/S: I am bracing myself for any potential negative post(s) : (

I may have to revise my opinion to "Might or might not be ok." I don't send money to banks or money transfer orgs that don't have easy ways to contact them.

The advantage of Wire Transfer is that the broker has to reveal a true bank account. This isn't a 100% guarantee you won't get scammed, but at least you've got a real bank account to start your hunt if they are scammers.

A broker that accepts checks also needs a real bank account.

Brokers accepting Visa or Mastercard may have a merchant account, which would be traceable. On the other hand, they may use a credit card processing company, which would make it harder to trace them.

Pharaoh,as usual, you have the wisdom of the son of Raa.

I will use wire transfer as advised.

Thank you my friend, and may the pips be in your favor always.

Related question:

If you deposited your funds at a broker via VISA
and the broker goes bankrupt
and the broker failed to segregate customer funds as per client agreement,

Would there be a case for a VISA chargeback?

Interesting question. If it happened, a chargeback would be worth a try.

Back