Determining Timeframe For Entry

That is quite a disputable question. I feel that it makes sense to use the timeframe that you usually use in your trading and also to look at a lower timeframe and a bigger one. For example, if you trade on H!, you should also analyse H4 in order to have a clear-cut idea of the global trend and M30 in order to find the entry/exit points.

Speaking of timeframes, It is better to use several at a time in order to have a clear-cut idea of the total market situation. I, for one, use three at a time. Being a long-term trader, I usually use 1H as the main timeframe, H4 for determining the global trends and M30 for determining the entry/exis points. I am really satisfied with such an approach of mine because it helps me make my market analysis more precise, so that I can make more profits out of trading.

Depends on your strategy and also how you read the markets. I personally think that the same points of interest occur on all time frames so I use the one that helps me get the entry I want.

I usually go for either 1H/4H to create my entry, sometime checking on longer time frame might help, but using an indicators are some of the finest ideas to begin with.

As for the entry point, you've got to use the smaller timeframe to determine it. I mean that if you analyze the trends on 4H timeframe, then you've got to find the entry point on the H1 timeframe. This will give you more information about more recent events on the market.

My trading strategy is different than yours. However, I do not think that if you trade on the H1 chart, it would make any sense drawing support/resistance line in the Monthly chart. You may consider support/resistance of the daily chart if you are trading in the H1 or H4 chart. Same goes with the 15M chart. You may want to integrate with charts such as the H1 or H4.

I know your pain! Basically, when I was a new trader I faced the same issue! That’s why, now I’m using the smaller time frames like M15, M30 for my entry point! But till now I mainly focus on the higher time frames for my entry points! Thus I’m doing my live trading!

Back