Determining Timeframe For Entry

ajbozdar

Private
Greetings,

While studying how to use candlesticks with S&R 4 today, I wonder which timeframe it should be to determine an entry point? Let’s assume it might develop an inside down trend. Should I wait for 2-3 4H candles, or let it be 1H / 15M to help me out with entry point?

I am also having some difficulty charting S&R levels. If I draw them on Monthly timeframe for swing trades, I don't see them correctly on Weekly or Daily timeframes. They give me completely different trends.

I'll be glad if I could get some feedback on this.

Attachments

• EURUSDMonthly.png
    EURUSDMonthly.png
    32.7 KB · Views: 23
i was told 4 hour close candle for confirmation of the trade then look at 15min for price action to get a good entry

Everything depends on the market situation and the chosen strategy...
But I wouldn't look through information on distant timeframes, it's for sure, it won't reveal serious regularities at all...

Everything depends on the market situation and the chosen strategy...
But I wouldn't look through information on distant timeframes, it's for sure, it won't reveal serious regularities at all...
hello, I am a beginner just need to know what time frames should I track?

Greetings,

While studying how to use candlesticks with S&R 4 today, I wonder which timeframe it should be to determine an entry point? Let’s assume it might develop an inside down trend. Should I wait for 2-3 4H candles, or let it be 1H / 15M to help me out with entry point?

I am also having some difficulty charting S&R levels. If I draw them on Monthly timeframe for swing trades, I don't see them correctly on Weekly or Daily timeframes. They give me completely different trends.

I'll be glad if I could get some feedback on this.
I use higher time frame for areas of interest and smaller TF for entries.

I think each trader have own habit in using timeframe, I like to use higher timeframe daily at least and going to a small timeframe to looking entry point, with observe hourly and M15 to get more price detailed

Back