Determining Timeframe For Entry

Usually, i will look from a high timeframe even monthly, weekly and daily, there are different views when looking on high timeframe than use lower timeframe, but in general, to determine entries, i prefer to use m15

I hope if you would be analyzing your trade ideas using these parameters then you would be surely a consistently profitable trader.

Hm, quite fascinating question. For entry you aren't obliged to wait 4-5 candles in case we are talking about H1 time frame. You can just conduct the analysis on a lower time frame like M15 and M30, if everything is clear to you and you understand that you can enter the deal, then open a position without a doubt. You should pay attention to the trend, if you see that there is a downtrend, then just draw the support and resistance zones and open the position. If they are unclear to you, you can wait until the level will be hit by the candles and hence you will be able to draw these zones. Just try and practice.

It's important to note that there is no universally "correct" timeframe for entry. Different traders can find success in various timeframes. It's a matter of finding a timeframe that suits your trading style, aligns with your strategy and analysis methods, and allows you to effectively manage risk while achieving your trading goals. Experimentation, practice, and experience will help you determine the timeframe that works best for you.

It's also important to consider the risk-to-reward ratio of each trade when determining the timeframe for entry. For example, if you're using a longer timeframe, you may need to accept a larger stop loss in order to give the trade enough room to move. On the other hand, if you're using a shorter timeframe, you may be able to use a tighter stop loss and still achieve a favorable risk-to-reward ratio. It's important to consider the potential risks and rewards of each trade and to choose a timeframe that allows for a favorable ratio.

Back