Did my broker do anything against NFA rules?

Herringtrader

Private
Hello,

I am not able to file an official complaint at FPA because I have not attained the rank of Private yet. But I hope that someone can give me an advise.

On Dec 9 2009 my NFA regulated institutional broker cancelled one of my profitable trades. This was almost 6 months ago. Can I still file a complaint against my broker at the NFA? If I still can what is the deadline?

I had an AUD/USD limit sell order in and I got filled 1600 pips above the current market price. It is not a joke, 1600 pips above market! I closed the trade at 8: 21 PM NY time with a huge profit. I was not sure what to do so I just did not do anything. At 9:58 PM I received an email from the broker in which they informed me that the opening price of the trade was adjusted to fair market price which was the price I closed the trade at. So after the adjustment the open and the close price become the same so I did not make any money on the trade. The explanation was that Credit Suisse put in an inverted feed by mistake. I have screenshots to prove all this.

I do not want to mention the name of this broker now because I still trade with them. I might tell it later. My question is did the broker do anything against NFA rules?

Thanks,

Herringtrader

There are two deadlines.

1. I'm not sure what the NFA deadline to file a complaint is. Give them a phone call and ask.

2. At the same time the NFA wrecked hedging, they also implemented a rule giving brokers a VERY limited time to adjust orders because of bad price feeds. While you've got the NFA on the phone, ask them exactly when that went fully into effect.

Back