Difference between normal indicator and custom indicator

Hello Alonedevils & undertaker

I did think Wilder introduced the RSI, other custom or similar Relative's came along (Cutler's & Mansfield). There is a lot of "relative strength" indicators that were introduced to the market years before.

Maybe the reason some traders have a dislike towards them ?

The indicators were designed for the (slow) stock market based on its movements over a set period of time or distance etc, we as forex traders have to adopted to a fast flowing market, but like undertaker states new custom indicators are being programmed every day to keep up with the forex market.

Good luck
ilearn2t

Hello Alonedevils & undertaker

I did think Wilder introduced the RSI, other custom or similar Relative's came along (Cutler's & Mansfield). There is a lot of "relative strength" indicators that were introduced to the market years before.

The indicators were designed for the (slow) stock market based on its movements over a set period of time or distance etc, we as forex traders have to adopted to a fast flowing market, but like undertaker states new custom indicators are being programmed every day to keep up with the forex market.

Good luck
ilearn2t

Agree ...
But Actually Im Not Bigger Fans Of Indicator, Because Im Just Seeing Price Chart Like A Trully Indicator.. I Mean CandleStick and Line Chart Is Enough For Me For My Indicator ..

Good Luck Liz

Hello Alonedevils

You're just another Wilder at heart :D, your watching for a pattern to form before making the right choice in your mind, write it down on paper and maybe one day you'll product the making of a good indicator. ;)

Good luck
Liz

Hello Alonedevils

You're just another Wilder at heart :D, your watching for a pattern to form before making the right choice in your mind, write it down on paper and maybe one day you'll product the making of a good indicator. ;)

Good luck
Liz

Liz Dont Tease Me ... :D
But When I Want Making My Self Indicator, I Make That Indicator Without Seeing Price Chart and Computer Monitor ..
I Call This Indicator .. RSI (Runaway and Stayaway Indicator) :p

I'm so glad I triggered this discussion and possible inspired someone to create a indicator that will make us all rich......:D just kiddin'... thanks for the explanation on indicators guys, and for the brief history class...:p

I'm so glad I triggered this discussion and possible inspired someone to create a indicator that will make us all rich......:D just kiddin'... thanks for the explanation on indicators guys, and for the brief history class...:p

I Hope You Can Make YourSelf Indicator Too :D

Hello peeterwoolf

I like to use the "Moving Average" on my S&P500, plus my own trendlines to gauge the trend. Using the "Daily 200" gives me roughly one full years trend.

It is a lagging indicator, which means it doesn't predict new trends, but adding both (Moving Average & trendlines) together gives that bit of extra edge.

Good luck
liz

The indicators that are available with Mt4 platform are the ones that are normal indicators. While the indicators that you add in Mt4 installed directory are custom ones.

Back