• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Different Results on the Performance Tests of the same Program, Why?

Forex88

Recruit
Hi,

I wonder, same program shows very different results (even on the same periods) on performance test regarding the profit % per month, maximal Draw Down and other measures.

E.g. Million Dollar Pips show very high profits at the Demo Test at ForexVerified.com:

While it shows lower results at the Demo test at Forex Peac Army, and even Lower result at the Live test at FPA.

Again it shows high results at the Demo Test at MyFXBook.com.

What can be the reasons that performance tests show different results on the same program, and even on the same periods?

Or I'm very bad at reading these tests?

Results from the same EA running at the same time can vary for several reasons...

1. Demo vs. Live accounts. Demos are less likely to get slippage and requotes.

2. Different brokers can have different data feeds.

3. The same broker may have different MT4 servers.

4. Connection speed between the computers running the EA and the MT4 server.

Demo vs. Live is one of the biggest factors. This is one of the reasons the FPA phased out all demo testing years ago. The old demo test results are retained, but all of those tests were stopped.

Back