Difficulty in getting money back from VIP-Crypto (or 10brokers)

Mahathir

Recruit
This relates to my earlier post on 17 April 2018.

Similar to many others, I have been facing difficulty in getting my money back. I invested USD6,750 in April 2018 and the manager in charge of my investment was one Sean Marcus. Within 2 weeks, the investment was said to generate profit so I asked for a withdrawal. Since then, excuses after excuses were given to me and I have not received my withdrawal until now.

The problem started when I was instructed to pay USD4K allegedly for 'taxation'. As the investment was said to generate a profit of USD24K, I have asked for the taxation to be deducted from that profit. However, Sean told me that the 'tax' payment cannot be deducted from the profit and insisted for money to be wire transferred instead. My similar request for the company to return my initial investment was also denied as he argued that all the monies had been sent to Barclays' Bank and could not be retrieved without me paying that so called 'tax'.

Such 'tax' was not mentioned in any communication or documentation, prior or during the investment, written or verbal, so I refuse to pay. I was then asked to wait for a couple of days, then 21 days, for him to sort out this tax matter. He started to ignore my emails to him since then.

On 21 May 2018, I received an email from another person named David Hollander, allegedly an 'Investment Tax Coordinator'. In ensuing emails and phone calls, he instructed me to pay 'provision' of €5K for the return of my money. It was also said that the amount to return to me was USD70K and that this provision payment must be made in € and not in USD. I refused to pay this amount as well.

On 2 June 2018, I highlighted to both of them via email that they have provided contradicting figures in their effort to force me to pay. So far I have yet to receive their reply.

Today, I wrote to i.repin@10brokers.com seeking the return of my money, with a copy to their Compliance. I am not convinced that this will work so hopefully FPA are able to assist in getting my money back from 10brokers.

Thank you.

This relates to my earlier post on 17 April 2018.

Similar to many others, I have been facing difficulty in getting my money back. I invested USD6,750 in April 2018 and the manager in charge of my investment was one Sean Marcus. Within 2 weeks, the investment was said to generate profit so I asked for a withdrawal. Since then, excuses after excuses were given to me and I have not received my withdrawal until now.

The problem started when I was instructed to pay USD4K allegedly for 'taxation'. As the investment was said to generate a profit of USD24K, I have asked for the taxation to be deducted from that profit. However, Sean told me that the 'tax' payment cannot be deducted from the profit and insisted for money to be wire transferred instead. My similar request for the company to return my initial investment was also denied as he argued that all the monies had been sent to Barclays' Bank and could not be retrieved without me paying that so called 'tax'.

Such 'tax' was not mentioned in any communication or documentation, prior or during the investment, written or verbal, so I refuse to pay. I was then asked to wait for a couple of days, then 21 days, for him to sort out this tax matter. He started to ignore my emails to him since then.

On 21 May 2018, I received an email from another person named David Hollander, allegedly an 'Investment Tax Coordinator'. In ensuing emails and phone calls, he instructed me to pay 'provision' of €5K for the return of my money. It was also said that the amount to return to me was USD70K and that this provision payment must be made in € and not in USD. I refused to pay this amount as well.

On 2 June 2018, I highlighted to both of them via email that they have provided contradicting figures in their effort to force me to pay. So far I have yet to receive their reply.

Today, I wrote to i.repin@10brokers.com seeking the return of my money, with a copy to their Compliance. I am not convinced that this will work so hopefully FPA are able to assist in getting my money back from 10brokers.

Thank you.
Did you tried my suggested steps and invited the company yet?

Sorry you fell into a scam.But don't worry there is hope.Since you did a wire transfer to the others parties bank why don't you lodge a report with the bank.If it is proven to be a scam or illegal financial transaction you could request for a chargeback from the bank.Insist on the bank returning your funds. Of course,the bank will conduct an internal investigation under the banking rules and regulations to see whether the bank could be seen as an abettor to the illegal financial transaction.Do not hesitate to initially lodge a report with your federal police.

Back