Do you believe in Forex?

Ask these people if they believe in the stock market. There's plenty of manipulation and scam there too. It's not as bad as forex, mostly due to better regulation, but scams still exist in dangerously large quantities.

But again, somewhere on the road Forex started to get bad rep.. And from what I hear, I don't know what people think is worse: 2008 mortgage scam and "those bankers" or Forex..

'Forex' got the rep it deserves... The entire industry is full of 'get rich quick' thinking and contributes almost zero in real terms. imho the lot of you should have a rethink and start producing something real. What about write some great new software? a book? film making? shipbuilding? mining? fishing? construction? Use the power of imagination to transform your life and the community around you. Almost anything would be an improvement.

PS. Buy 'Get Rich Quick, Dummy!' $99.00 !!!

Everyone has to believe in Forex because it is the real business and for many traders it is the only source of income for them. Forex is the best business where we can invest our money in it and generate the reasonable profit from investment.

As for all the other financial investments, the Forex also requires strategy, luck and most of all a trading system to get more gains than losses. The leverages makes it surely much more interesting and risky of other financial assets.

well, i thought the stock market could be moved much more easily by large players since it is smaller. and being less liquid, more volatile, when it takes off, it goes even faster than FX. so harder to get out fast if you are on the wrong side. those are just my assumptions though based on what i read--i never traded stocks, so what do i know?

Ask these people if they believe in the stock market. There's plenty of manipulation and scam there too. It's not as bad as forex, mostly due to better regulation, but scams still exist in dangerously large quantities.

as to the thread's question, no, i do not believe in forex.

i believe in GOD, though, a GOD of some sort. i also believe in the Fairy Queen and in my cat who talks to me at night, when the moon is gibbous. one needs to have a gibbous moon, or cats remain mum. yes, that's just how it is. mmmhhhh... wait a second... was that a leprechaun just bouncing off my window sill? yeah, it sure was. what a wonderful world.... ok ok, the glenmorangie is flowing, the pips are in the bank, and the mood is silly after some brief moments of sheer terror. :D

Triantus will be taking a short vacation at a clinic in the countryside that specializes in dealing with the common psychological problems of people who spend too much time trading forex. :)

'Forex' got the rep it deserves... The entire industry is full of 'get rich quick' thinking and contributes almost zero in real terms. imho the lot of you should have a rethink and start producing something real. What about write some great new software? a book? film making? shipbuilding? mining? fishing? construction? Use the power of imagination to transform your life and the community around you. Almost anything would be an improvement.

However sad it may sound, but that's the truth. And a lot of people see it as a slot machine for the poor, who want to think they are wall street traders.

as to the thread's question, no, i do not believe in forex.

i believe in GOD, though, a GOD of some sort. i also believe in the Fairy Queen and in my cat who talks to me at night, when the moon is gibbous. one needs to have a gibbous moon, or cats remain mum. yes, that's just how it is. mmmhhhh... wait a second... was that a leprechaun just bouncing off my window sill? yeah, it sure was. what a wonderful world.... ok ok, the glenmorangie is flowing, the pips are in the bank, and the mood is silly after some brief moments of sheer terror. :D

Don't exaggerate :)

ecg, here is my rethink for you:

i'll let you produce something real while i'll keep on making filthy lucre. then i'll buy whatever you produced if i need it. how is that for an economic system? you make $, i make $. where is the downside? :)

ecg, here is my rethink for you:
i'll let you produce something real while i'll keep on making filthy lucre. then i'll buy whatever you produced if i need it. how is that for an economic system? you make $, i make $. where is the downside? :)

That thinking only works as long as I accept those pieces of paper you call 'lucre'. See Zimbabwe.

At the point where a currency fails (or even starts to go beyond 'normal' inflation)... you gonna be wishing you had swapped some of those pieces of paper into real (productive) assets!

Further, if you got the brain for forex... then I can only start to imagine some of the other things that you may be capable of. Things that would possibly enrich your life and the lives of everyone around you. Surely that is more worthy than the continual accumulation of pieces of paper?

Back