Do you have a goal for the next six months?

I have in my mind to avoid the margin call in next six months, I will do careful work and will never take the unnecessary risk, I think trading with this method I can trade safely and can achieve my whole targets.

I have in my mind to avoid the margin call in next six months, I will do careful work and will never take the unnecessary risk, I think trading with this method I can trade safely and can achieve my whole targets.

That is what I am looking for too - to be at a profit and if or when possible to profit as much as my strategy allows.

Setting a goal for every business or personal sector is a good thing. You can work on track. Yes, this is true that expert traders always set a goal for their trading. Because without goal is a boat without rudder. You can set your goals monthly, quarterly or in annual target basis. I prefer to set goals in short time frame. If anyone set his or her goals in long time frame he or she might get distracts. That’s totally my opinion.

I do have certain goals that I want to get, but I know that going too far with this goal stuff is not going to take me anywhere, so that’s why we need to be very wise with our goal setting. It should be there but not to levels where we find it impossible to reach. Or, it is also about not putting too much pressure on our self!

In the next six months I would like to stabilize my earnings, fix it at a certain high level. But damnable laziness, it hinders me)

When you set goals you should establish what are called “stretch goals”. Stretch goals are at the end of the spectrum of what you think you can achieve. For example, if you think you can make 50% this year, but a tiny voice inside you is saying you can actually make 100%, then go with 100% as the goal. This will give you a greater chance of reaching the goal, and it will also establish a benchmark for your performance.

My goal is to not lose my decent profit I've earned in recent months. Heard many stories that traders get a boost and high spirit that prompts them to commit errors because emotion kick in the game. try to keep myself cool-headed and place small trades, spending more time for market analysis.

My goal is to not lose my decent profit I've earned in recent months. Heard many stories that traders get a boost and high spirit that prompts them to commit errors because emotion kick in the game. try to keep myself cool-headed and place small trades, spending more time for market analysis.

I agree. Emotions, be they negative or even positive, can cloud a trader's judgement, making them either too wary of trading or too reckless to notice poor trading conditions. One should always trade on a clear head.

Well it isn't some exclusive goal, every trader should care about it, though realizing this may take time and sometimes is out of your control, i.e. due to market crash, broker stop hunting etc.
But if you took course to ironclad and pedantic calculations of your positions, profits and losses you can arm with risk management book from famous John Hull, and use some MT4 software that make calculations for you.

Your target of 5% per month is too small, I think your should be 20-25% per month as forex is good rewarding business and if anyone will do it with full sincerity then he or she can earn reasonable amount from this business.

Back