• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Problem Do you have to pay Taxes beforehand in Hong Kong, when You withdrawl money from broker and you are an outside entity

I am having an issue with a company

edmund123

Recruit
Hi everybody,

I would need everybody's expert help if possible.

Currently I am suspecting a big scam, and I am trying to run money recovery on the side.
I have requested cash out of the profits from the trade platform. The scam company in question said they have done the process of deducting the fee and the matter has been passed to the bank to transfer the money to me. Then later on when I do not see the money, an entity so called "hong kong tax collection" called me and asked me to pay 4% earning up front before money could leave. I told them that is not true, but they are insistent that this is the case if you are investing as a foreigner, or else hong kong would not be able to collect taxes.

I have seen plenty of example online where the scammer would keep on asking for tax pays to the point where you would just give up. As each time you pay, they will raise the tax percentage and you would lose more money. There i no such thing as paying tax first for investment like this in Hong Kong if you are not a Hong Kong resident right? I want to make double sure, so when I go to court, I can actually use this against them.

I have asked them for the address of the tax agency that is handling this in Hong Kong. Would anyone that is residing in HongKong or any experts can verify this for me, it would be much appreciate it.
香港湾仔告士打道5号税务大楼 , This is the address. Sorry it is in chinese, but that is what they gave me. They said the answers could be gotten there from the first floor in request.

Thank you all for helping.

I am reading online that you do have to pay taxes on the
I have read online that you have to pay taxes on the tradings that you earn from Hong Kong entity. Which is what the scam broker claim they are from, but there is no indication that you have to pay out of your pocket and upfront of your earnings for taxes correct? Each person would file on their own during the tax physical year?
I am an USA citizen, and the fraud trading is in Hong Kong.

Thanks for everyone's help. I really appreciate it.

I ran a Google Translate on the address you gave. It's the correct building for paying taxes, but I'm not certain if there are any other businesses operating inside. In any event, in the event you really owe any tax money to the Hong Kong government, make sure to send the payment only the Hong Kong Inland Revenue Department:

https://www.ird.gov.hk/eng/welcome.htm

and not to some questionable location recommended by the broker.

Even better, get in touch with Inland Revenue and share everything your broker has sent about this tax.

What's the website of the broker involve in this tax claim?

I ran a Google Translate on the address you gave. It's the correct building for paying taxes, but I'm not certain if there are any other businesses operating inside. In any event, in the event you really owe any tax money to the Hong Kong government, make sure to send the payment only the Hong Kong Inland Revenue Department:

https://www.ird.gov.hk/eng/welcome.htm

and not to some questionable location recommended by the broker.

Even better, get in touch with Inland Revenue and share everything your broker has sent about this tax.

What's the website of the broker involve in this tax claim?
Hi Pharaoh,

That is what I plan to do. Your reply is always very on point. I am trying to get the fraud company to send me an official form, and I want to send it to them InLand Revenue to verify if it is indeed something they generated. The website in question vansihofx.com/zh-hk/

Hi everybody,

I would need everybody's expert help if possible.

Currently I am suspecting a big scam, and I am trying to run money recovery on the side.
I have requested cash out of the profits from the trade platform. The scam company in question said they have done the process of deducting the fee and the matter has been passed to the bank to transfer the money to me. Then later on when I do not see the money, an entity so called "hong kong tax collection" called me and asked me to pay 4% earning up front before money could leave. I told them that is not true, but they are insistent that this is the case if you are investing as a foreigner, or else hong kong would not be able to collect taxes.

I have seen plenty of example online where the scammer would keep on asking for tax pays to the point where you would just give up. As each time you pay, they will raise the tax percentage and you would lose more money. There i no such thing as paying tax first for investment like this in Hong Kong if you are not a Hong Kong resident right? I want to make double sure, so when I go to court, I can actually use this against them.

I have asked them for the address of the tax agency that is handling this in Hong Kong. Would anyone that is residing in HongKong or any experts can verify this for me, it would be much appreciate it.
香港湾仔告士打道5号税务大楼 , This is the address. Sorry it is in chinese, but that is what they gave me. They said the answers could be gotten there from the first floor in request.

Thank you all for helping.

Also, who gave you that address? Someone from HK? The address is written in simplified Chinese. I never heard of paying HK taxes to withdraw funds. Also what company is telling you that? If the company is fake to begin with then you should really be careful that 99% is a scam.

If they want to play game then tell them to deduct those taxes from your profit. Get something back first but if the company is not registered with HK SEC then most likely is fake.

They mention their company building location is at

中环皇后大道中99号中环中心1808 , at the 18th floor. I am sorry that it is in chinese again. I believe it is a trade center. https://zh.wikipedia.org/wiki/中環中心
After I look at the floors, it seems like 18th floor is occupied by a bank named DBS bank
Will anyone be able to confirm this?
It does not look like vansihofx (VSH) at all.

Thanks

I'm getting a security warning in my browser when I try to open vansihofx.com. I consider that to be a very bad sign.

Add the Taiwan police to the people you can complain to. WhoIs shows vansihofx.com is hosted in Hong Kong, but is registered to someone with a Taiwan address. You can also add abuse@godaddy.com to places where a complaint might be useful.

I can also tell you that many large office buildings in HK contain at least one company offering virtual offices.

Hi Pharaoh,

That is what I plan to do. Your reply is always very on point. I am trying to get the fraud company to send me an official form, and I want to send it to them InLand Revenue to verify if it is indeed something they generated. The website in question vansihofx.com/zh-hk/

Keep us updated in how are they going to handle that. I doubt they will give you the form.

So I have been asking them to hand out the Tax request forum, but they said that as a trading company, they are just medium. They keep saying that the transfer to withdrawl money is complete, and they do not charge the tax, but the Inland Revenue is the one that is holding the fund(does not sound right). That sounds extremely suspicious. They also told me that I can contact Inland Revenue official and just give them my name and they will tell me what I need to do.
I am extremely confused by this as, where do they get the confidence of allowing me to reach out to official government with just supplying my name. Should I be worried that they most likely have insider job in the government agency?

Thanks for your help.

So I have been asking them to hand out the Tax request forum, but they said that as a trading company, they are just medium. They keep saying that the transfer to withdrawl money is complete, and they do not charge the tax, but the Inland Revenue is the one that is holding the fund(does not sound right). That sounds extremely suspicious. They also told me that I can contact Inland Revenue official and just give them my name and they will tell me what I need to do.
I am extremely confused by this as, where do they get the confidence of allowing me to reach out to official government with just supplying my name. Should I be worried that they most likely have insider job in the government agency?

Thanks for your help.
Hi, Did you contact inland Revenue official ? Did you got your money back yet? Just want to know what happens ,please update.Thank you.

Back