• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Problem Do you have to pay Taxes beforehand in Hong Kong, when You withdrawl money from broker and you are an outside entity

I am having an issue with a company
I am a victim of a scam, scammers played me with same trick. I called and checked with HK Tax Office, they always send you a TAX NOTICE when they asking tax from you.
And always call you with a landline phone, phone number in this format +852 2594 xxxx

I tried to pull money out. The scam website obt8.com just wiped my account clean. Even added negative balance. 99% of unregistered forex brokers off Hong Kong are scammers.

This is especially true if the initial approach was a unknown person tried to befriend you.

No, there are not taxes on personal investment income or capital gains in Hong Kong! Any company that demands for you to pay them directly is committing tax fraud per the tax laws in Hong Kong.

1607473261775.png

I have written to the Administration Financial Department in HKG asking for the same and got the following answer " According to the information provided and the business license attached in your captioned email, it is confirmed that “Bairrada International” has not been a company or business being registered under the Business Registration Ordinance in Hong Kong. In view of this, we are not in the position to make comments on your reported case. Therefore you don`t have to pay "investment income tax" in HongKong. It seems like in many other cases that you have been scammed by an illegal company. Please use this link for further filing a complaint with the HKG Police https://www1.erc.police.gov.hk/cmiserc/CCC/PolicePublicPage?language=en. and so on...

If you do not receive income from stocks, you do not have to report them for taxes.
As soon as you start earning income, you have to fill out an income tax return with the IRS. Of course, you can initially register the stock as a possible source of income and open a bank account. If you profit from the stock sale, taxes will automatically be deducted from this account. The system may seem complicated, but in fact, it is not. It is similar to the payroll system. When an employer calculates a paycheck, he deducts all taxes. He uses pro-rata salary calculator. In any case, everyone who receives income has to pay taxes.

I have written to the Administration Financial Department in HKG asking for the same and got the following answer " According to the information provided and the business license attached in your captioned email, it is confirmed that “Bairrada International” has not been a company or business being registered under the Business Registration Ordinance in Hong Kong. In view of this, we are not in the position to make comments on your reported case. Therefore you don`t have to pay "investment income tax" in HongKong. It seems like in many other cases that you have been scammed by an illegal company. Please use this link for further filing a complaint with the HKG Police https://www1.erc.police.gov.hk/cmiserc/CCC/PolicePublicPage?language=en. and so on...

If you do not receive income from stocks, you do not have to report them for taxes. As soon as you start earning income, you have to fill out an income tax return with the IRS. Of course, you can initially register the stock as a possible source of income and open a bank account. If you profit from the stock sale, taxes will automatically be deducted from this account. The system may seem complicated, but in fact, it is not. It is similar to the payroll system. When an employer calculates a paycheck, he deducts all taxes. He uses pro-rata salary calculator.
In any case, everyone who receives income has to pay taxes.

If you do not receive income from stocks, you do not have to report them for taxes.
With Bairrada is no chance to withdraw money from your account. They pretend you have to pay 20% Investment Income Tax with BINANCE APP directly to the wallet of the Broker. BUT THIS LIE ISN´T TRUE.
NEVER PAY MONEY ASKED LIKE THIS; IT IS LOST WHEN YOU HAVE SEND IT:

As soon as you start earning income, you have to fill out an income tax return with the IRS. Of course, you can initially register the stock as a possible source of income and open a bank account. If you profit from the stock sale, taxes will automatically be deducted from this account. The system may seem complicated, but in fact, it is not. It is similar to the payroll system. When an employer calculates a paycheck, he deducts all taxes. He uses pro-rata salary calculator. In any case, everyone who receives income has to pay taxes.
Your statement is not accurate. The US Government (IRS) collects taxes owed directly from investors, not a broker. It is ILLEGAL for a broker to collect taxes from its clients. Let me repeat that statement, it is 100% ILLEGAL for any broker to ask clients to pay taxes to them directly! No Investor should ever pay taxes to the investment company.

Back