• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Info Does anybody know about IC Markets

Asking questions about a company
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Rahman,

IC Markets like all other MT4 brokers has the investor password feature.

With all due respect this thread was started with the intent of finding information about IC Markets. I joined FPA and made myself available to answer questions about the company, not to join the existing argument.

If you or anyone else have questions about the company I would be more than happy to help.

Kind regards,

Angus

Last edited:
If you or anyone else have questions about the company I would be more than happy to help.

Kind regards,

Angus

Hi Angus Welcome to FPA Yes i have a Few questions if you would be so kind and fill me in
With IC markets can i trade Australian stocks with CFDs? If so where can i get that list of stock?
What platform does IC Markets use for Stocks?(non CFD)
Does it cost anything to get the stock platform up and running?(is it free and i just pay brokerage when buying,selling stock)
On your web site it says $18 for brokerage per trade and the more you trade the more value you enjoy so my question is that $18 is for up to what amount?
And the more you trade the more value you enjoy what does this mean can you explain?

Thanks

Boy im glad i wasnt the first to ask about IC Markets

Last edited:
Stock Trading with IC Markets

Hi Dkami,

With IC Markets you can trade stock, index and commodity CFDs, a full list of stock CFDs available to trade can be seen from the link below

Low CFD Margins | Lowest CFD Margins | CFD Margins | CFD Margin Rates

This CFD list relates to the webIRESS platform. Through webIRESS you can trade Stocks and DMA CFDs. The platform has a monthly cost + data fee which comes to $88.50, we waive this if the client does 10 round turn trades per month.

With regards to the commissions on trades we have several schedules, each tailored to meet the needs of the client. most online clients can enjoy commission rates of 0.1% with minimums between $15 to $25. These rates are negotiable, the final rate is dependant on the client.

The more value you can enjoy relates to the lower commission rates clients can enjoy for increases in trading volumes.

If you want more information on trading stocks through IC Markets I would advise you call so we can provide you with answers more specific to your situation.

I appreciate the questions, I was expecting them to be about forex, given the forum..

Kind regards,

Angus

Live chat

As a trader, I use often the live chat support of my broker. I think it is a tool that some traders rely on.
Why does a broker choose not to offer this service?

Hi Rahman and f-man,

Yes I am new, I was browsing the forum and noticed mention of my broker so I thought it only fit to share my opinion, please let me know if you have a problem with this.

I have been trading forex for over 11 years on the institutional banking level and in the last 3 years since my retirement on very few occasions have found a retail broker that is able to offer me the service and pricing I got when I was in the office.

And yes f-man I have made many deposits and withdrawals, these guys are regulated by ASIC so if there is ever any problem I have 100% re-course.

If you would like to contact me directly please feel free to message me.

A person having 11 years experience on institutional banking level and open an account with an unknown broker (not known to all). Sorry!

Experience does not mean trader must have a lot of many but exprience means he/she knows the market & brokers very well.

??

D-Trader

HI, There ozfox was just reading your posts and the responses you recieved. I would just like to say here that i also have an account with ic markets and have no problems with them whatsoever.I also have an account with First prudential markets in Australia as well. but i guess that this mob hasnt heard of them either so i guess they will be sceptical. Both companies are regulated by ASIC here in Australia and are Reputable companies.

Over 70,000 FPA members worldwide, but for some reason it's always brand new forum accounts being created just to defend a company.

Probably just a coincidence. :p

Hey i am new to CFD trading and i have been doing research into who is the best CFD provider in Australia. I have been looking around and there does not seem to be a consensus into who provides the best service. Many reviews i have read seem extremely bias. They are either very negative or overly positive. Any help in this would be greatly appreciated. A honest and open account of peoples experiences with their providers would be great.
Cheers

I have an account with IC Markets and I am using their True ECN platform. I am very happy with them and from my analysis their spreads are some of the best in the world. They are regulated by AISC, have a $200 account opening minimum and allow micro lots what more could you want.

There are heaps of good brokers out there and I think IC Markets are certainly one of those.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back