• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Info Does anyone know about FOPU (foopu.net)

Asking questions about a company

Fungus007

Private
Someone wants me to trade with this broker. Need confirmation if it’s safe for me to trade with them and if they are authorised and regulated.

The firm (broker) is called FOPU but the URL shows as foopu.

link
foopu.net

Someone approached on a dating website and recommends me start trading together.
Wants me trade with the broker called Fopu, spelt (Foopu in the URL) linked to the mt5 platform

foopu.net

The person who approached me claims they are authorized and supervised by the FCA of England, ASIC of Australia and Canada.

I need confirmation if they really are authorised and regulated and if I’m 100% safe to trade with them.

I wonder what dating site it was, because something familiar happened to me.
Recently I met a girl and she told me to invest on forex, she promised she would teach me and help me because she wanted to love someone and all that. Since I don't have much money, I started low, and had some gains, but yesterday, I've made a HUGE debt.
Now I don't even know how true this debt is, since all they ever asked me was my name and e-mail. Which is pretty odd.
The broker account that I was (am) using is foopu. Did some diggings and couldn't find much either. And the girl is from asia, or something, right? Cos Foopu is from Malaysia or China.

My tip...make an excuse to stay out of that, if she starts to persists too much... it could be a scam.
I'm still trying to figure out if I fall for it or not.

I assume you are on a dating site looking for a date. If someone you found hot tried to recruit you to work in an office of a company owned by some friend of hers, wouldn't you be suspicious that she's not really on the dating site for dates. Report her profile and all the details.

It's easy to look up how long foopu.net has been registered. It takes a little more effort to find related sites. I didn't dig deep, but I found 2 for you.

foopu.net Created on 2020-02-13
fopufx.com Created on 2020-04-06
fp-forex.com Created on 2020-02-28

I've gone ahead and submitted FopuFx.com to the FPA's reviews. It will probably be available early next week if you want to tell the world about the company's unusual methods of recruiting customers.

It's also easy to look up a company's UK FCA regstration (misspelled as FAC on the 3 websites). The registration number is real and belongs to an Insurance company, not a forex broker:

https://register.fca.org.uk/ShPo_FirmDetailsPage?id=001b000000MfeViAAJ

You should contact the FCA and let them know this appears to be a clone firm. You can also warn the insurance company about this: futureperfectfs.co.uk

You may want to look up the ASIC and other registrations yourself. Then you can report any issues with those too.

Thank you for your incredible response, Pharaoh

I should've looked better into it before I fell for the scam. Lucky for me I didn't put much money into it, so it wasn't too bad.

Now, I wonder if the debt I've made is also fake or I should worry about some debtors going after me, or if this was just part of the scam so I would pay the debt, since my early investment was so low.

I'll look into report the company as a scam as you suggested.

Thank you again, Pharaoh

I assume you are on a dating site looking for a date. If someone you found hot tried to recruit you to work in an office of a company owned by some friend of hers, wouldn't you be suspicious that she's not really on the dating site for dates. Report her profile and all the details.

It's easy to look up how long foopu.net has been registered. It takes a little more effort to find related sites. I didn't dig deep, but I found 2 for you.

I've gone ahead and submitted FopuFx.com to the FPA's reviews. It will probably be available early next week if you want to tell the world about the company's unusual methods of recruiting customers.

It's also easy to look up a company's UK FCA regstration (misspelled as FAC on the 3 websites). The registration number is real and belongs to an Insurance company, not a forex broker:

You should contact the FCA and let them know this appears to be a clone firm. You can also warn the insurance company about this: futureperfectfs.co.uk

You may want to look up the ASIC and other registrations yourself. Then you can report any issues with those too.
Thank you so much and please share the results. I have a similar concern too. I have not commence any trading yet as I felt suspicious when my online date kept pushing me to join him on trading with Foopu.

thank you so much. I had almost the same experience, but on other social platform. Thanks for catching theses for us!

Recently I met a girl and she told me to invest on forex, she promised she would teach me and help me because she wanted to love someone and all that. Since I don't have much money, I started low, and had some gains, but yesterday, I've made a HUGE debt.
Now I don't even know how true this debt is, since all they ever asked me was my name and e-mail. Which is pretty odd.
The broker account that I was (am) using is foopu. Did some diggings and couldn't find much either. And the girl is from asia, or something, right? Cos Foopu is from Malaysia or China.

My tip...make an excuse to stay out of that, if she starts to persists too much... it could be a scam.

I experience same issue now also from a Chinese girl from site "Hi5". This girl try get close to me and asked a lot of personally questions, like job and income if I have some stocks and stuff. It goes very fast they start to asking you if you have Wechat or WhatsApp. Every time she chat with me, she sending me her profit how much she made that day. I told her I don't have so much money to invest with, she told me I could start with 500US. I was very suspicious about this, so I came up with an idea to testing her. I told her I will receive an amount money. She asked me how much I'll get, I told her around 7000US. Then she after couple days wanted me to register a real account on "Foopu" and wanted me to invest 5000US because it will get more profit. She mentioned also she could help me with real account registration, but she will need my ID and Credit card in photos.

I think, we should share photos on these girls. Perhaps we had meet same girl.

Hi there,
I'm also trying to find out about this trading company Fopu or FPFX. The website looks legit but was asked to register an account and all still seems legit. Then was directed to opening an account with Metatrader5 platform still seemingly legit until told to transfer investment funds via the Fopu or FPFX webpage where i had registered an account already. And yes, i was literally given her trading account passwords on Metatrader5 to experience the broker's instructional trading transactions and how much money was made in that 3 days of trading on silver. The final bank details to transfer my funds seems suspicious when it reads company name Mainvan International registered in USA but with agent name Zeng Zhimin. I was explained that this is how Fopu designate territorial PICs/Agents to manage the bank account. But was earlier told this agent has been around for more than 5 years and person who introduced me (yes, identity via social media is a young woman) also said she had traded for 2 years and yet this account with Chase Bank has just been opened for 4 months. I was on the verge of transferring online my funds till a search on the company name gave rise to suspicions. Now I'm stuck as I have no prior experience trading and wouldn't mind trying but just can't believe that the bank details from a seemingly legit company website may lead me to a fraudulent scammer's bank account.
Can someone advise if it's normal to transfer your investment funds into the trading company where the bank account has another company name instead?
Or maybe Fopu is legit trading company but scammers hacked into their website and input their fraudulent bank account details to receive investors' funds?

Hope to hear more from experience investors or traders on this platform and anyone who is also being scammed in the same experience.
Thanks.

Someone wants me to trade with this broker. Need confirmation if it’s safe for me to trade with them and if they are authorised and regulated.

The firm (broker) is called FOPU but the URL shows as foopu.

link
foopu.net
Hello there! I was so pleased to find your post here. I have been researching that topic for a few years and it is difficult to find clear info regarding Asian girls and trading.

Over the past 4 years I have chatted extensively with 50 or more lovely ladies from Hong Kong, Singapore and China. They all have similar characteristics and backgrounds. Including, but not limited to, slim, beautiful, wealthy and intelligent. They own clothing shops, photography studios or beauty salons while some others only trade.

I have traveled and/or lived in 130 countries so far. I am usually pretty good about "character assessment" both in business and at a personal level but on this particular topic I am still one big giant "?". Even following 50+ experiences. Is this some form of "trust trickery" or are these girls simply 'obsessed' with FOREX, Bitcoin and gold?

If this fake epidemic passes and there is a time gap allowing for international travel between COVID-19 and the roll-out of COVID-20 I have plans to travel from Dubai (where I am currently located) and meet 5 of these ladies that I have known for quite a while now. Two in Hong Kong, two in Singapore and one in Nanjing, China. If you like, I will share my observations and assessments. I am curious also.

Cheers! Jonathan

Back