Does forex strategies usually work?

1. Strategy is any method of market analysis and risk distribution.
2. Strategies can be focused on different assets.
3. Strategies can be dynamic and calm.

1. Strategy is any method of market analysis and risk distribution.
2. Strategies can be focused on different assets.
3. Strategies can be dynamic and calm.
Strategy is not a final way of trading that will bring profit it is a way that different individuals develop after practicing over it that in this w ay analysis and trading will be meaningful. It should be tested, flexible and managed . It should define and fulfill the needs of market and trader. You can depend on i or change as per your requirement.

First question should be:
What are your expectations on the returns for your excess money?

If you want to make millions from your US$100, go invest in lottery tickets, but, of course, there are no guarantees.

As in any investment, whether that be with a bank and other financial & assets institution, you must have a clear idea & expectations on the returns of your investment.

Unfortunately, most Newbies & Wannabe-Forex Traders forage into the Forex market did so with high expectation to make a fortune with minimum capital investment...e.g. using their hard earned or borrowed money to trade a.k.a gamble in the forex market for huge returns. That misconception is derived from friends or reading about some lucky person(s) who did managed to make large amount of money based on luck more than anything else. Like winning the lottery.

I do know a couple people who are perfectly happy with a 1.5-2% monthly returns on their retirement money trading the forex & stock market.
At 1.5% monthly returns, that equates to 18% yearly returns which is far higher than any banking institution will pay for fixed deposits. But discipline is the key to the success of this strategy which most Newbies and Wannabe Forex Traders simply don't have.

So, when we say "strategy", that has a wide meaning but it really depends on what your expectations are for the returns on your money and how you want to go about making your money works for you.

Seriously, how difficult is it to make 1.5% monthly profits on your trading account?
Each week, there are bound to be some market moving news and, after the news & data has been published, we can see & know which direction the currency pair we are trading is going.
If it's heading North, wait for some pull-back and enter a Long position and... voila!... in seconds we are up (depending on your risk appetite) at least 1.5% and more on our trading account with relatively little to no risk. Do that every week and that equates to at least 6% per month = 54% per year. That's also one "Strategy" which does not require hours of technical analysis.

Happy & safe trading!

It is totally optional to use any strategy , it can be helpful or not , only several practice on it can tell its efficacy. If you see it can give better output you can choose it or avoid to apply when it is not giving profit . Strategies are never static or lifetime for traders. One day you have to change many things according to the market situations.

I have had some time to experiment with various forex strategies and in my case I realized that he strategies do work but they don't make much of a difference. For your strategy to be effective you need to do a very detailed analysis and make sure that you come up with everything you need for a perfect trading journey. Then again there is the matter of skills. You need to have skills.
Strategies are not same as you want, a trader has to analyze a strategy how and when it is beneficial for his trading needs. it means they are specific rules developed by others for specific type of trading. No one can tell you the secrets of perfect trading because always trading and market is changed so trading and strategy should be changeable when there is a different situation .

"Forex strategies" is a very broad term. There are many forex strategies that work. Then there are ones that don't. If you are thinking about people who are trying to sell you a "working" strategy in any form, think twice, those are more often than not not worth it.
You should learn enough about analysis, trading methods and risk management to be able to develop your own strategy and stick to it.

Your edge is just part of the bigger picture. It can have a high/low win rate depending on how you match it with money management skills.

you could have a great strategy using the toss of a coin if your mm was 3:1 as an a example.

so I’m a scalper and the system works for me but my money management would not really comply to usual fx money management. I decide on direction on bigger time frames then trade of a 1m. That suites my style. All the best

Back