Does forex strategies usually work?

Any strategy has a specific "shelf life" and each strategy is "suitable" for a particular group of assets. For example there are fx pairs which posess more trend characteristics while others are more volatile. Hence we have to adapt our strategies accordingly.

does forex strategies usually work or it is just a myth as i am new to trading dont know much about strategies can anyone tell me or make me learn these strategies

Thanks in advance.

FPA Forums Team Note: This thread is in General Forex Talk, which is a non-commercial area of the forums. If people want to discuss free strategies, this is a very good place to do it. If anyone wants to discuss which commercial strategies (including "free" ones available through social trading), please open a thread in Forex Company Comparisons. Enforced by Spam Cat.
Try different strategies on a demo account

Yes, A trader can only make profits if there is strategy involved. Even beginner traders require to have certain basic strategies before entering into live trades.

Any strategy has a specific "shelf life" and each strategy is "suitable" for a particular group of assets. For example there are fx pairs which posess more trend characteristics while others are more volatile. Hence we have to adapt our strategies accordingly.
Short and simple answer - I'd say this is the most accurate advice from my own experience.
OP - Spend a decent amount of time on a demo, trialing your strategy on the assets you want to trade.

I'm a beginner and would like to know if forex strategy is really profitable during live trading, and is it really necessary for a trader to build their own strategies?

Hi Donovan.CC, it mostly depends on which strategy you are using, there are several strategies out there, and most of them seem to bring in profit. Choose and practice in a demo account on a suitable strategy for you.

Your edge is just part of the bigger picture. It can have a high/low win rate depending on how you match it with money management skills.

Anyone with a profitable strategy isn't going to share it but there are plenty out there that work. Your job is to find one and don't tell anyone when you do :)

A trader has to prove himself either any strategy is useful and result oriented or not. He should not rely on the opinion of others until he is not getting satisfactory result from any strategy. The best way is to test on demo and practice on it again and again so that he will face less problems in live trading with that strategy. Then he can go with it and sees how it can be more effective in different market situations.

Anyone with a profitable strategy isn't going to share it but there are plenty out there that work. Your job is to find one and don't tell anyone when you do :)
If some one develops his own strategy he will not share it to others may be you have to pay for it because any useful and successful strategy is not open for every one . some general strategies are there on which a trader has to work and prove it useful for him if he not finds right results he can leave it. Main thing is doing work and practice over it then you can say now you can handle it .

Back