Does Leverage matter?

jerryscofield

Recruit
Hey guys,

I have this automated Expert Advisor, and the developer of this software has a recommended leverage to use. I am wondering, what would happen (worst case scenario) if I were to use a different leverage.

Hello there!
I guess using a different leverage than recommended can increase the risk of larger losses, potentially wiping out your account quickly in the worst-case scenario.

so we don't accept any recommendation at all?
Hello there!
I guess using a different leverage than recommended can increase the risk of larger losses, potentially wiping out your account quickly in the worst-case scenario.

Hello there!
No not necessarily! If you don't over-trader (open a position with a margin greater than 2% of your capital) and you set a stop loss, the only thing leverage does is reduce your margin and capital at stake which means it is decreasing your risk-reward ratio

Hey guys,

I have this automated Expert Advisor, and the developer of this software has a recommended leverage to use. I am wondering, what would happen (worst case scenario) if I were to use a different leverage.
the worst case scenario is that you could face significantly higher losses and risk a margin call.

Of course! 99% of people who use high leverage will blow their accounts!
If you don't know how to use leverage, don't use it!

That is one of the most important things to look out for to manage risk. So they recommended a leverage based on the strategy and integration of the advisor, if you change it then you are basically messing up its entire system.

Okay , thanks for the advice,it help me too !
Find a broker that offers high leverage and a demo account like REMOVED. THIS IS A NON-COMMERCIAL FOLDER and try to see how different amounts of leverage can work and how you can work with it. Test it out since it's a demo account, and you can get a hang of it.
DO NOT INVEST MONEY IF YOU DON'T KNOW HOW TO USE LEVERAGE. STICK WITH DEMO ACCOUNT FOR A WHILE.

Back