Does same SL on two orders lead to slippage ?

p1p1n

Private
I had two orders which had 2 TP targets but same SL. Market went against me. Both were executed on the same time but one order hit SL with my set price while the other had 1 pip slippage. Does having same SL on two orders lead to slippage on one order ?

What do you mean under "two same SL"? Same in pip size? Were both orders bearish or bullish? Keep in mind you see bid price in charts while orders may be closed by ask price (to close "sell" order you need to buy asset back by ask price). In case of widened slippage it may look like slippage.

Both were same lot size and were short. But market went against me.Lets say the stop loss (SL) was set at 1.000 for both. But one of the order was executed at 1.010, hence 1 pip slippage.

At any given price, there are only so many lots available at a given moment. Having 2 orders with the same SL can lead to one getting more slippage than the other. On the other hand, if you'd had a single order of twice that size, you might have gotten the worst price on the whole amount.

To make it clear - Lets say i buy eurusd at 1.0000 with 0.10 lots. Then again I buy eurusd @ 1.0000 with 0.10 lots.
The reason I buy twice is I will have 1st order Take profit @ 1.0030 and 2nd order Take profit @ 1.0090.
But i edit the Stop Loss @ 0.9980 for both the orders.
Now when both stop loss were hit & at exactly same time - 1st order SL went @ 0.9980 but 2nd order SL went @ 0.9990 (1 pip slippage) .

When I asked my broker the reason for it -they explained, I had exactly same stop loss for two orders because of which I got slippage.

Last edited:
This is something new for me & mentioned below is the broker's explanation regarding it -
in this case when two orders hit the same price at the same time then the first order gets the requested price and takes that price off the table. The second order goes for the same price but gets rejected as the first order took the price off the table and it isn’t available anymore. The second order then gets filled at the next available price. It’s good practice to not use the exact same SL/TP on your orders for this reason

Back