1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Duellatorus review by Eric Alyea

Discussion in 'Intensive Reviews of Forex Products and Companies' started by Eric Alyea, Jan 23, 2010.

1. ecafyelims

ecafyelims Corporal

Thanks for the update

Are you still trading this system?

2. Eric Alyea

Eric Alyea Master Sergeant

The answer is, “YES”

“Ecafyelims” thank you for your interest. Every once in a while it is good to have your (my) chain rattled (hey we are still here). Don’t ever hesitate to do that.

The answer is, “YES”

I am finding the good things about this through some of the things that I get caught in “Zen Trading”, but that is the purpose of “Zen Trading” to do things the way you feel and on Tuesday & Thursday, opposite of what you want. You will get caught and be forced to learn recovery. I was a Chief Flight Instructor, and I always told my instructors you will learn from your students because you would never think of a way to put you in the situations they do, don’t let them kill you. I have not talked about “Counter Trend Pivot Point Trading” yet. That is the one you want to know about. All I have done so far is practice getting into and out of trouble.

Some people do face book, craigs list, ebay,... I do Forex Peace Army and Charts, they were foolish enough to promote me, oh well. I hope to live up to the job I was given.
    If I finish my legal things before the 20th (It has to do with land and money) I’ll let you know. I had to get away from it and do something I enjoyed, hence the posts. Nothing happens over night (excluding accidents/death).

Good research and good trading
    Preparation + Opportunity = Luck

#52 Eric Alyea, Aug 6, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2010
  3. Eric Alyea

Eric Alyea Master Sergeant

The test of TIME

Alright my personal “thing” is over.
    Sorry that I had to take a “TIME OUT” but, real life, is real life.
    The difference of those that .... Pass though here is:
    If they have the guts and fortitude to stand the test of TIME...; (and still come back and participate)
    Nuff Said... More later.

(Ooouuhh wee the spell checker said I did that correct the 1st time. My fingers are getting better.):p

making my mark (signing my name is a three handed affair, one to hold the paper, and my left hand buddie guiding the right)

#53 Eric Alyea, Aug 18, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2010
  4. ecafyelims

ecafyelims Corporal

Glad to see you're back!

I know your system doesn't use stop losses, and since the market nearly always turns around at some point, there is little chance of taking a loss.

The only concern I have is what you do to avoid getting margin called.
    I know it's just a fact of the system, but I'm sure you must have a way of mitigating the bad situation when you can.

I've seen you say about "Emergency. Emergency" Can you explain what you do in these situations?

5. NEIL-PILKY

NEIL-PILKY Recruit

Duellatorus

Hi, my name is Neil and I have been watching with interest this thread. I have never traded forex, never understood forex (although I understand the theory) but I have always thought there is money to be made from forex, if you know what you are doing. There's the catch "if you know what you are doing". As a complete beginner I thought a good start is to read forums and reviews. The problem is for every good review there seems to be about 10 bad reviews. I quickly realised that forex is full of schemers, scammers and wolves in sheeps clothing. So then came the question of who or what do you trust. I came across this post, normally I would have read it and moved on but what caught my attention is the fact that Eric comes across as a very respected guy, he has obviously been posting on here for a long time and he and his opinions seems to be very well thought of. I decided from Eric's postings and results to contact Duellatorus. Duellatorus is run by a guy called Josh. After several emails between myself and Josh I decided to pay for the training, to be honest I wasn't really that interested in the training my main interest was in Josh managing an account for me but in order for me to have an account managed by him I needed to have a basic understanding of what was going on, hence the reason I paid for the training. I will very soon post about the training, it may be later today, tomorrow or sometime over the weekend but it will be very soon

6. jpadventure

jpadventure Private

I have the same interest. In my case, I used their website, left my contact details, requesting more information. That'll be a week tomorrow, without a reply.

Can you quote me the fees please? I think there's enough in this thread to be able to practice some things first.

edit.. used the email provided, from Josh's reply. Quick response.

#56 jpadventure, Aug 26, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2010
  7. ecafyelims

ecafyelims Corporal

Welcome Neil

Hi Neil, I'm looking forward to seeing your results and feedback on this system. From what I've learned from Eric, it's a system of making a trade in a given direction and then letting it ride until making at least one pip. No stop loss. I've also learned it's a technique to learn the way the market moves and to get your mind in the right frame. I know there is still much more to know.

Even though you're new to Forex, I'm happy to see that you look before you leap. Many people learn about scammers the hard way, and most never learn at all.

8. jcris522

jcris522 Duellatorus Representative

Hey jpadventure- I apologize for the delay in getting back to you, I never received your contact information and have contacting our web company to find out why. In the meantime you can contact me: joshua.hauck@gmail.com, thanks

Josh

9. jcris522

jcris522 Duellatorus Representative

Hi ecafyelims- I wanted to point out to you that the Zen trading method is primarily a training tool we use and that the things Eric is learning through it will propel him beyond many experienced traders. Our primary trading techniques are much more effective and profitable. Not to say you couldn't trade the Zen method full time, you could as I and many others have, but we have found better more profitable trading systems once you have mastered Zen.

Josh

10. NEIL-PILKY

NEIL-PILKY Recruit

jpadventure - Hi you will need to contact Josh re costs, what I will say, I found it extremely good value for money, Josh stayed with me for a full 5 days and I certainly knew a lot more when he left than when he arrived, the truth be known though when he arrived I knew absolutely nothing. I am learning and there is always something new to learn, that seems especially true with forex.

ecafyelims - Hi I wont say too much about ZEN trading because Eric has said all there really is to say about it, what I will say is ZEN trading is a learning tool, please don't mistake the word ZEN as some kind of mind body & soul trading system, it is purely a name for a learning tool, although you could trade this way if you wanted to, but it is not the most profitable way.

The training I did with Josh is called Counter Trend trading and this is one system he teaches. I specified to Josh before I paid for the training, that I am a complete beginner and he would need to be very patient with me because it has been a long long time since I was at school and I have never traded or really understood forex. I needn't have worried I soon learned this system is simplicity in itself. Another advantage of this system is you do not need to be stuck at your computer all day, you check once maybe twice a day to see if a trade is there, if not, check the day after to see if a trade is there and so on, if you like being at your computer I suppose you could ZEN trade daily while waiting for a counter trend trade. The specific trade you are looking for does not come along daily, although the more pairs you trade obviously the more often you will see it. Once you know what you are looking for it is very easy to spot a potential trade. The system uses pivot points, support and resistance. On the charts there are 2 criteria you are looking for, both of these criteria have to be met before a counter trend trade is deemed legitimate. Once you have a legitmate trade, it is placed in such a way that it is extremely profitable although I will say it can take a while, days, sometimes even weeks for the trade to play out, trades have played out the following day although that was very rare.

There are a couple of things that could be improved with the training. One was, as I have said I am completely new to this and I learned to recognise a trade when it was there and place the trades on the chart but then how do I transpose that information to actual orders. I realise to most people forex trading doing just that is probably second nature and easy but when you are new it is still something that needs to be learned. Josh did go through it on the last day but I feel it should have been introduced sooner in the training so I could have practiced placing orders throughout the time he was with me. I did mention this to him and he is planning to introduce it earlier in the training.

The second thing that I think could be improved is recovery. The trades as I have said are extremely profitable, but once in a while, not very often I admit, a trade does go against you and you need to recover. We did work on recovery but in my opinion more emphasis needs to be placed on this. Again I have spoke to Josh about this and he is going to incorporate recovery more in his training.

Once Josh has left you are not on your own, he is always available for support. I email Josh, at his request to verify trades and he emails me to check if I have spotted potential trades. It is good to know he is looking out for you and that you are not left to your own devices.

Going forward I will open a micro account and post my results, please be patient, the trades are not there daily and can take a long time to play out.

A quick summary. ZEN trading is a practice tool. The counter trend trade system is excellent, simple, easy to spot trades and extremely profitable. The training needs a little tweaking. Support is brilliant.

Please feel free to ask me any questions and I will try to answer them, please dont ask me anything too technical, I am new to this. If you have any in-depth technical questions or any questions relating to costs please email Josh at joshua.hauck@gmail.com

Thank you. Neil

#60 NEIL-PILKY, Aug 27, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2010