EA Resources?

lugie

Recruit
The first thing that really excited me about Forex is the Expert Adviser programs out there. Being a programmer, the idea really resonated with me.

I am wondering if any of you who are more experienced with EAs know of any good resources for using them. Any good communities around their creation? Any better EAs you've used? Any nice reads about them in general (or specifically)?

I want to try and apply my general programming wit to Forex and automate my strategies best I can. Any suggestions would be helpful!

EAs are quite fascinating. They remove emotion and mistakes from trading. The drawbacks include that EAs usually aren't smart enough to avoid major news releases, and most cant check to see if market conditions are appropriate to their trading style.

Also, EAs, like any strategy, can be backtested and optimized. The drawback is that forward-testing involved things like slippage, server freezes, changing market conditions, etc. These can make a very profitable strategy/EA crash and burn quickly.

I do believe it is possible to have profitable EAs. I just haven't seen one I would fully trust to turn loose with my money yet.

Back