EA Test Results vs. Mrs. Li (Watanabe Project) Results

mrVynes

Private
Hi, I've been looking at Mrs. Li's progress after checking out some of the EA tests. I have two questions:

1.) What is the difference between a DEMO EA test and REAL ACCOUNT EA test? Why is there a difference?

2.) What is the difference between a REAL ACCOUNT EA test and Mrs. Li's REAL ACCOUNT with same EA?

I was quite excited seeing significant profits made by one of the EA's on real account. But it seems with Mrs. Li the same robot is not performing so well...

Is there any sort of tweaking going on at broker's side to make them look good? ;)

1. A demo test is done on a demo account. The issue is that demo accounts usually have fewer issues than live accounts, so often have better performance, especially with scalping EAs.

2. Between live accounts, the differences would be between brokers, between servers on the brokers, internet connection speed differences in where the EAs are running from (I believe Mrs. Li's tests are running from the FPA's VPS. Other live tests are monitored there), and, most importantly, on the settings applied to the EAs.

One big difference - look at Mrs. Li's copy of YPM vs. the one that's been running at the FPA. It seems very different, but if you look at the performance of the older test at the FPA only from the date that Mrs. Li started trading, it's pretty close. If she'd gotten started earlier, she would still have some profits left. Instead, she got in about the same time that the EA hit a drawdown period. For Forex Flow, it looks like she started the very day before that EA hit its first big loss.

In theory, a broker that uses those malicious plugins for MT4 could theoretically use them to provide better than average results for specific accounts.

Back