EA trailing stoploss settings

PAknow

Recruit
Hi there,

first of, can you only run one EA at a time on MT4? If I have an EA for a strategy and an EA for SL/TP, what are my options? Code the SL/TP EA into the EA for my main strategy?

And then, below a screenshot of the settings of the EA. I'm not too familiar with EAs or trailing stop. If I change it to the desired parameters, it moves the SL to BE earlier than I want.

Below the current settings:
upload_2018-10-24_17-27-58.png

upload_2018-10-24_17-33-38.png

I'd like to have a max Take Profit of 25 Pips, SL 10 Pips. SL move to BE at +8. SL should be then moved every 2 Pips and it should be a dynamic trailing stop, meaning should get smaller the closer it gets to TP. Can someone maybe advice what to use for 'Target Pips to Lock Profit' and 'Profit to lock' .

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• upload_2018-10-24_17-9-42.png
    upload_2018-10-24_17-9-42.png
    17.5 KB · Views: 7
  • upload_2018-10-24_17-27-35.png
    upload_2018-10-24_17-27-35.png
    185.2 KB · Views: 6
  • upload_2018-10-24_17-33-20.png
    upload_2018-10-24_17-33-20.png
    229.2 KB · Views: 6
Adding : Not sure if the EA is fine or not, but if I use the current settings, the SL,is placed right where the candle opens, literally 1 pip away. Can't see in the settings why that would be the case

AllPositions-trailing stop is used for all positions
Profit Trailing-if “true”, it activates trailing stop as soon as your trade starts making profits and protect(locks in your profits) and if “false”, trailing stop is activated as soon as a new position is opened.
TrailingStop-this tells you the size of the trailing stop in pips

I like such things, because it proves that real traders can really cope with any moment, because they are constantly searching and asking smart questions...

Hi there,

first of, can you only run one EA at a time on MT4? If I have an EA for a strategy and an EA for SL/TP, what are my options? Code the SL/TP EA into the EA for my main strategy?

And then, below a screenshot of the settings of the EA. I'm not too familiar with EAs or trailing stop. If I change it to the desired parameters, it moves the SL to BE earlier than I want.

Below the current settings:
View attachment 40089
View attachment 40091

I'd like to have a max Take Profit of 25 Pips, SL 10 Pips. SL move to BE at +8. SL should be then moved every 2 Pips and it should be a dynamic trailing stop, meaning should get smaller the closer it gets to TP. Can someone maybe advice what to use for 'Target Pips to Lock Profit' and 'Profit to lock' .

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
What EA is this? Be very careful as I have been stung by them before!

i am woundering if i can set a trailing stop on an ea i run it does not have this feature but did not know if there was a 3rd party thing i could add? any ides

Back