Early Investing Advice

First of all, you need to save the money for a rainy day. Everything might happen in your life and you've got to be prepared for all of the financial difficulties which might happen because otherwise, you'll have to withdraw the money from your trading account and you will not be able to get it fast. The rest can be invested in trading but you should understand that you have to learn before trading and master new skills, otherwise, you'll lose lots of money.

Forex trading is definitely a good investment opportunity if you're really dedicated to learning and willing to put the effort into it.

Investing in growing your skill set is vital. In addtion at your age investing small amounts early in low cost index funds is probably something that will be very useful to you down the line. Always keep something by for emergencies though. Use your time and money to generate multiple streams of income.

I do agree with you that it is the best time and best conditions for you to invest. However, the first and foremost, you need to set your investing objectives.. It is very important because knowing what you want to achieve by investing, can you choose the financial instruments and the type of investing which will satisfy your needs. After setting your goals you should choose the financial market to invest in. There are so many different markets which have different instruments. For example, if you want to save your money from inflation taking minimal risks, then you'd better invest in bonds or treasuries. These securities will not give you high profits but your money will be safe. If you want to get more profits, then it is better for you to think about stock market. You can invest actively or passively and it depends on the amount of time which you are ready to spend on investing and your risk profile. You can also trade short term with stocks, but in my opinion, there are better assets to trade. If you want to get quick returns, you should think about trading forex, cryptos, futures, options, commodities. These are the markets where you can find volatile assets which will bring you good decent profits.
The main thing that you need to bear in mind is that you've got to learn about the markets and assets before you start investing there. Many people believe that investing and trading are the activities which don't require any specific knowledge or skills. This perception is far from being true: if you start such a financial activity without proper background, then you run extremely high risks which will eventually kill your whole budget. So, the first thing you should invest is yourself.

It is a natural desire to invest your savings into something which will generate your more or less passive income, however, if I were you I would explore more investing opportunities apart from forex.
Trading forex can actually bring you some decent and consistent profits, but it is also able to make you lose your savings. It reaires some time and lots of hard work in order to succeed in trading. So, the first thing you need to know is whether you are ready to spend much time on learning and practising forex trading. I remember myself when I was a student and I didn't have spare time in that period. If you are in the same position, I would recommend you to invest in stock market as long-term investing doesn't demand sitting in front of the computer all day long following the charts and analyzing the market. You will definetely need to learn how to analyze financial reports of the companies, but it takes less time than analyzing daily charts of the currency prices.
If you still want to trade forex, then you'd better start with learning the information which is available free of charge on this forum or you can go to babypips' educational center and find much useful. Anyway, you've got to be patient and highly motivated if you want to make profits with forex trading. Try to trade on demo account and see whether you like this activity or not.

Hello all, I am a current university student in quite a good financial situation. My parents are paying for my degree and letting me live with them while I go to school. This means I have no expenses and am essentially living for free. In my mind this makes these next few years the perfect opportunity for investment as I do work during the summer and make approximately $15,000 each year. As of right now all my savings are safe in the bank... doing nothing.

I was hoping to get advice on where I should invest and how I should invest my money so it can grow.

Of course I want to save for down payments on a car or house, but it just seems silly to me to have this money doing nothing when I don't touch it.

Thanks in advance for any and all advice,

Finnethan
I would say although you have some. Money behind you, only invest what you are comfortable to lose

Maybe start investing in low Index funds .
You have time on your side .
Also if your into Crypto DCA coins with longterm potential and just sit on it .
Kudos for staying at home minimizing expenses.
Don't forget to look after your parents for been so good to you

Hello all, I am a current university student in quite a good financial situation. My parents are paying for my degree and letting me live with them while I go to school. This means I have no expenses and am essentially living for free. In my mind this makes these next few years the perfect opportunity for investment as I do work during the summer and make approximately $15,000 each year. As of right now all my savings are safe in the bank... doing nothing.

I was hoping to get advice on where I should invest and how I should invest my money so it can grow.

Of course I want to save for down payments on a car or house, but it just seems silly to me to have this money doing nothing when I don't touch it.

Thanks in advance for any and all advice,

Finnethan
There are so many ways to invest money and make it grow. Since you are here, I assume you have an interest in the financial market. Yes, financial markets are one of the best places to invest money. Do not forget to learn it well before investing any amount though. Take your time, and study with the financial markets. I am sure you will be there. I am wishing you all the very best.

It is always great to think about investing if you have spare money, but you've got to know what to expect from your investments and how to control them.
If you want to invest long-term and reduce the risk, then you'd better think about investing in stock market. More than that, you'd better to determine your personal risk profile in order to have an idea of how to make your own portfolio. I mean that as a rule, an investor includes not only stocks but also bonds into their portfolio in order to diversify. As they say, don't put all the eggs into one basket. Diversification is present in many aspects of investing including the assets themselves. Nowadays investors have stocks, bonds and ETFs in some certain proportion which reflects their readiness to risk.

That is really great the you started thinking about investing your spare money because leaving it on your bank account will not bring you any decent profits.
There are millions of ways to invest the money and they are suitable for different purposes. You should decide on your own and gound your decision on your risk profile and on the returns that you are willing to get. If I were in your shoes, I would think of some passive investing in stocks because being a university student, I wouldn't have enough time to watch my assets. So, I recommend you investing is bonds, shares and ETFs.
Bonds are probably the safest assets on the market. I believe that every investing portfolio should include certain amount of bonds and treasuries in order to make it diversified and safe. Benjamin Graham advised to make the following division of an investment portfolio: 35%-75% of shares and the rest is bonds. Such a proportion is a kind of subjective and everyone decides for themselves should they have 50% of binds or only 35% depending on the amount of risk that they are ready to take. If yo want to be a passive investor, you'd better have something like 55% of stocks and 45% of bonds. This will make your portfolio more or less stable so that you can check it out and reallocate the resources once in 6 months. If you want to be an active investor, then you can make a bigger size of the stocks but you'll have to follow the assets prices of your portfolio at least once in a month.
One more asset that I'd like you to invest in is ETF. It is a fund which encompasses many different stocks at a time. For example, ETF S&P 500 includes the stocks of the companies which are in S&P index but you don't need to have lots of money in order to buy them but you can buy a part of this fund. In this case you'll have a steady and well-balanced portfolio which will be secured from some market fluctuations.
I wouldn't recommend you invest this money in trading because this kind of investing requires lots of attention from your side and you need to be very skillful and experienced in order to be a success and avoid losing your savings.

Back