• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Problem ebay scam

I am having an issue with a company

rchilders214

Recruit
Also there is popular scam of offerring top price for ebay "make offer" items, then asking for the pay pal email address of yours. then a dummy pay pal email is sent (usually in spam folder) saying that you received money.
The 2 indicators are:
1. "would you kindly give me your email address", or "let me have your phone # for verification"
2. "do you have cash app"

This is not involving to forex but I still appreciate your report. I often receive emails that I have received money from Payoneer and the email include a link for me to click on, that link forward me to a scam site that looks 100% payoneer login page, of course my chrome auto-fill doesn't work and I know it's true scam.

Also there is popular scam of offerring top price for ebay "make offer" items, then asking for the pay pal email address of yours. then a dummy pay pal email is sent (usually in spam folder) saying that you received money.
The 2 indicators are:
1. "would you kindly give me your email address", or "let me have your phone # for verification"
2. "do you have cash app"
Yeah I encountered this once when I was selling my old laptop on eBay.
These crooks are getting wiser!

Same here, it happened to me when I sold a laptop on eBay. Before the guy asked me for the final price on eBay, and immediately agreed. He didn't try to negotiate. But he wanted me to send him the laptop immediately, which is something I couldn't do because I had to find a box and I had to work the day after. He insisted for me to make the package immediately and send him the item first thing in the morning. Then he told me he made the payment, to check my spam folder. I checked, the email was looking "quite" good, but on my PayPal I had no transaction, so I immediately understood it was a scam. My mistake is that I told him I knew it was a scam, when instead I should have notified eBay. But eBay is rubbish, they wouldn't have done anything. The scammer deleted the account immediately after.

I have been actually scammed by eBay itself, because they charged me the commission twice, but this is another story. In my opinion, both eBay and PayPal are trash.

Heard of this one before. I have always checked my actual paypal account for payment. I can see how some people would fall for it though

I always try to avoid clicking any links in emails, if possible.
Long in directly on the platform to view any messages, accounts, payments, etc.

i got scam emails for a month from ebay and amazon all with links trying to get me to give them my details shame it happens so often!

Back