Economic Calendar

sukebe

Recruit
Hi Felix,
I couldn't work out "what was what" in the calendar you supplied. The terminology used for the F.A. signals was not the same as what was used in the Economic Calendar so at 4:30 am on 8 Oct I had no idea which F.A. was important (there were 4 F.As. at 4:30 EST)

Anyway, I am trying to follow you because I believe that what you say is 120% true. I want to join your "room' in the future but need a few "demo" wins first.

Thank you very much for your signals, they are much appreciated even though I live in Japan and the time difference is out of kilter with the market (mostly) I hope to move to a "more time friendly zone" next year.

Once again,
Thanks Felix
Sukebe Dayo
A.K.A. John:)

I usually reference the calendar at Forex Factory when reading Felix's emails.

It's very helpful since they color code by the priority of the announcement and also have explanations available if you click the file folder icon on the far right of each item.

There are a number of other good sites out there. Just google for Forex Calendar and you should get quite a few to pick from.

fxcm

just curious if anyone out there is using them (FXCM). i just opened a mini and have had trouble with them already.

just curious if anyone out there is using them (FXCM). i just opened a mini and have had trouble with them already.

Just want to open fxcm account, could you mind to tell whats the problem ?
how long you have been with fxcm ?

Yah I am interested in what trouble you are having with your demo. I have a live account with them.
Joce

Just want to open fxcm account, could you mind to tell whats the problem ?
how long you have been with fxcm ?

on oct 5 i had a straddle set up on gbp/usd. it hit my sell trigger and didnt fill until 54 pips below my entry on hte retracement. i was almost imediately in the red. fortunately iwas able to ride it out and make 30 pips but it took 3 days. i made 30 bucks when i should have made 160 if i had been filled at my entry and closed at my limit.

okay, I don't do that. I have never preordered any trade. I make my trade as I see it. I only place limits. I never trusted the "if it breaks this point I'll buy or sell" senerio. I wait and watch and if I miss it...well too bad and wait for the next move. There are always trades and moves out there if you know what you are looking for.
Joce

on oct 5 i had a straddle set up on gbp/usd. it hit my sell trigger and didnt fill until 54 pips below my entry on hte retracement. i was almost imediately in the red. fortunately iwas able to ride it out and make 30 pips but it took 3 days. i made 30 bucks when i should have made 160 if i had been filled at my entry and closed at my limit.

I think that's normal part of trading :p

Back