• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss Ecos.am

General discussions of a financial company
ef5806aace55.jpg

Do not miss out a new round of #Chainbusters online discussion series today! The theme of the meeting is Bitcoin Halving.

On: 2nd May 2020, at 09:30 UTC
Gates open: 09:00 UTC

The team comprises of:

✅ Dr. Marco Krohn CEO & CoFounder, Genesis Group / Genesis Mining
- One of the largest crypto mining groups in the world. Will join in from the UK

✅ Ilya Goldberg, Managing Partner, ECOS.am
– Runs an SEZ and Mining Farm in Armenia. Leads Blockchain and crypto evangelism in Russia and Armenia. Joining in from Moscow

✅ David Marshall, Partner, TradeDog
– Top class global analysis on cryptocurrencies. Holding fort from the UK

✅ Sathvik Vishwanath, Co-Founder & CEO, Unocoin
– Well, who does not know him in India? Has seen 2 bitcoin halvings.

✅ Alex Lam, CEO, RockX
- Early mining adopter. Has seen 2 bitcoin halvings and the movement of Bitcoin in China. Will be with us all the way from Shenzen, China

Discussion Lead: Pavel Bains, CEO, Bluzelle, Singapore

1219297e68ed.jpg

In 2018, the Russian entrepreneur and creator of the Telegram cross-platform messenger, Pavel Durov, announced the creation of TON blockchain platform and the Gram cryptocurrency. It seemed that this project would be able to outperform the digital currency market. How are things going with TON and Gram right now?

To begin with, it should be reminded that Pavel Durov managed to attract more than $1.7 billion of investments after two rounds of ICO, according to unofficial data. The company has initially planned to conduct a public ICO, but then changed its mind and chose investors on its own.

WorldPress creator Matt Mullenweg, Foursquare co-founder Navin Selvadurai and fashion billionaire Silas Chou are among those who invested in the project. It is known that large Russian businessmen also invested in TON - Qiwi founder Sergey Solonin, ex-co-owner of Wimm-Bill-Dann David Yakobashvili and billionaire Roman Abramovich, who invested about $300 million.

Initially, the blockchain platform and cryptocurrency was planned to be launched before October 31, 2019, according to its White Paper. But on October 12, the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) reported about the filing a complaint against Telegram Group Inc and obtain a ban on Gram cryptocurrency release through a court later. Why did it happen? The Durov team has not registered Gram tokens as securities. In connection with the lawsuit, the launch of TON was delayed until the spring of 2020.

Due to the fact that permission to launch TON was not received until May 1, the Telegram team sent investors a letter, the contents of which were cited by The Bell. It transpires from the file that investors were offered several options of returning the invested funds. The first option is to return 72% of the investment size. The second - if the approval for issuing the cryptocurrency is not received before April 30, 2021, 110% of the initial investments will be returned to each investor. According to The Bell, the Telegram team asked investors to give an answer before the end of this week.

But, according to The Bell, the Telegram team just sent another letter to American investors in which they say that they would be able to return only 72% of the invested funds "due to the uncertain attitude of regulatory authorities in the United States."

If you are thinking about investing in cryptocurrency, it is not necessary to wait for the release of Gram tokens. You can invest in bitcoin mining and start earning real income right now with ECOS!

d475b3c3bf4f.jpg

⚡️ According to Dan Morehead, Pantera Capital cryptocurrency hedge fund CEO, the Bitcoin exchange rate will break above $100,000 in August 2021.

In a letter to investors published on Medium, Morehead said that, historically, the price of BTC reached its lowest level 459 days before the halving, and then after about 446 days it rose to its maximum values.

«In this cycle, the market did in fact trough 514 days before the halving. If history were to repeat itself, bitcoin would peak in August 2021» - the expert explained.

According to Pantera Capital CEO, such growth will be associated with limited supply. «The second having decreased supply only one-third as much as the first. Very interestingly, it had exactly one-third the price impact. The reduction in supply is only 40% as great as in 2016. If this relationship holds, that would imply about 40% as much price impulse — bitcoin would peak at $115,212 BTC.» - he explained.

In the published article, Morehead also recalled that his company had predicted a growth in the Bitcoin rate to $5,000 when it was worth $65.

Forbes experts also partly confirmed the businessman’s words, after reviewing the history of the BTC exchange rate against a reduction of a block reward reduction. According to them, a new class of bitcoin millionaires may emerge after the halving.

It should be reminded, that yesterday the BTC hashrate updated its maximum values. Today, №1 cryptocurrency is trading at $9911, according to Bitstamp.

It's funny, you probably haven’t seen the prices for ASICs)) I would also like to buy a pair of ASICs, but for now I will leave this goal for the future.

⏰ We have a few hours left before the halving 2020!

Let’s remember the most important events that have happened since the previous one.

0f6b9c68fbad.jpg

Wow! There is so much news around Bitcoin, halving and mining, that my head is spinning. How to relax? We’ll tell you!

✅ Meditate

We are all well aware that the best way to relax is a meditation. But there are two important points that should be considered: firstly, it is very important to know how to do it right; and secondly, you need to believe in what you are doing (as with any other activity!) in order to achieve maximum results. Find a place where no one will bother you, sit comfortably, keep your back straight and try not to think about anything.

✅ Take a walk

Many governments are already starting to lift restrictions embedded because of the coronavirus. Therefore, if you have a park near your house (even if you don’t) - go out and walk, it will help you to switch off the brain. Or you can even go for a jog! It is known that brain releases endorphins during the process of running. This will help you to improve the mood and relax!

✅ Take a warm bath

It is known that water has a calming effect, so a warm bath will help you to relieve physical and emotional fatigue. But do not take gadgets with you - you need to take a break from it! Add essential oils, foam or bath salt to the water - or better all of this. Doctors do not recommend to take a bath for longer than 30 minutes, but this time is enough to relax!

Well, if you are not tired of the flow of information caused by halving, keep monitoring our social networks! Soon we will tell you what will happen to Bitcoin after the halving, and how it would affect the mining sphere.

358955028067.jpg

The Bitcoin halving took place on Monday, but conversations about the profitability of mining will not subside for a long time - or rather, until the rate of the №1 cryptocurrency doubles in value. What equipment remains profitable after halving? What devices should you count on to continue earning? We know the answers!

Antminer T17+

This is a relatively recent model, which was announced at the end of 2019. Today, it is better to consider the “plus” version (64 TH/s). This model costs 20% less than the Antminer S17 Pro, but the difference in profitability is within a couple of dollars. What about the shortcomings? This device requires more power, which means that it will be unprofitable to use this device at home or in a garage. With low-cost electricity, T17 + will remain cost-effective for a long time.

Antminer S17+

Antminer S17 +, which was available on sale at the end of the past - at the beginning of this year, is made in the traditional manner for the latest models of the manufacturer - as two ASICs installed one on top of another with an integrated power unit. The 76 TH/s Bitmain Antminer model can still be profitable even with the high electricity prices, but if you have cheaper or completely free electricity at your disposal, you can get the most out of it.

Antminer S19

Bitmain announced this device at the end of winter, and it immediately became clear that the S19 is a monster with incredible characteristics. A Hong Kong mining equipment retailer, CryptoMinersBro, called Antminer S19 "the most cost-effective bitcoin mining miner ever." Judge for yourselves - in comparison with the previous model range, not only the device hash rate (the declared hash rate of S19 is 95 TH/s) has increased, but also the energy efficiency, which has grown by 26%. The device is not yet on sale, too, but it is available on pre-order on the ECOS website!

Yes, the reward for mining has decreased by half, but it is worth considering that the mining complexity should also fall in the near future, because miners using outdated equipment, such as Antminer S9, will begin to leave the network one after another. In addition, we should expect an increase in the Bitcoin exchange rate, since a decrease in the reward for the mined block inevitably led to an increase in the value of the №1 cryptocurrency. Therefore, if you use the above-mentioned devices, your business will remain profitable for a long time.

By the way, all the presented models are available for pre-order in ECOS and you can purchase them by making a pre-order request. Or you can purchase equipment from stock right on our website and place it on a remote server in the mountains of Armenia without leaving your home.

5199f8fc865e.jpg

The question is: what should you do in order not to lose money on mining after the halving? The answer “to stop mining” is not right at all! Why? Because, as we expect, the bitcoin price will grow soon, and the complexity of the network will decrease. And if this happens, then the price of equipment will skyrocket. If you want to invest in mining hardware today, here are some tips for you. Following them, you will definitely not lose your money.

Do not buy obsolete equipment

Antminer S9 price will fall soon, but even if it falls by 50%, it would no longer be a good investment. Unfortunately, these devices are no longer cost-effective after the halving. Yesterday we told you about the devices that are available for pre-order on our website. Using them, you can still earn good money even after the block reward reduction.

Do not buy used equipment

According to our forecasts, the price of bitcoin will grow soon, and this has always led to the emergence of new types of fraud. In order not to lose your money, buy equipment in official supplier stores, such as ECOS. By the way, our technical support is available 24/7, so if you need any help with the selection and installation of equipment, you came to the right place. Well, if you do decide to buy an used ASIC, pay special attention to the serial numbers on its case and hash boards, as well as to the stickers - if they are fresh and neat, it is likely that the device was in use.

Cut mining costs

The less money you spend on electricity, the more you earn. Considering that earnings have already halved, the reduction of bitcoin mining costs is the main key to continue to get profits. In this case, it may be useful to draw attention to mining hotels, since they have better connection tariffs compared to local ones. Why? It's simple - mining hotels are large consumers and they usually have special conditions from generating companies, as ECOS does. Being an operator and resident of the Free Economic Zone, the company has 0 tax rates and thus offers really comfortable hosting conditions to its clients.

fdf4602fb1bb.jpg

It's not a secret that our employees are high-level professionals in their area. Starting from today, we are launching “ECOS inside”, where we will tell you about those people who do their best to help our wonderful customers get every-day profit!

Today we are going to tell you about our community-manager, Anna Komashko.

About the achievements

I have studied at Tomsk Polytechnic University, ranked №7 in the list of the best universities in Russia. In 2007 i got a red diploma of linguistic science.

Before ECOS

I’ve worked for 8 years at the British Standards Institution. During my work i was promoted from an assistant manager to the head of the sales department of the Russian office. I liked the process of selling, but always wanted to know more about the tools, which help to promote the product and to get leads. Therefore, I began studying digital marketing in 2017.

About ECOS

After the graduation, I wanted to get into an interesting international project with great prospects, which ECOS turned out to be. It allowed me not only to apply the previously acquired communication skills with clients, but also to try myself as a community manager, responsible for resolving any problems and issues that our users face during the process of interacting with ECOS. I think that helping people is a very good mission! Moreover, I like that in ECOS we have young, friendly and innovative team and cool office with a nice view from 18th floor.

The fact about myself

Before working at ECOS, i used to treat cryptocurrencies as something unrealistic and fictional, but during my work, i realized that i was absolutely wrong. Now I try to convey this knowledge to everyone.

About my favorite place

Rocky mountains (the USA). I met a bear there for the first time in my life! But it’s not the reason why i love this place. There you will find really beautiful untouched nature and peace.

It's funny, you probably haven’t seen the prices for ASICs)) I would also like to buy a pair of ASICs, but for now I will leave this goal for the future.
Well, it’s not necessary to buy several, you can start with but even so, profitability will be much higher.

Back