EMA on review ratings? (and a Hello)

CoreWorx

Recruit
Hi all,

I got interested in exploring the world of Forex trading about 3 weeks ago. I have a background of fairly successful stock trading based on fundamental analysis but forex and technical analysis is completely new to me.

I have spent 3 weeks now reading, learning technical indicators, placing demo trades and building a money management strategy.

My first impression of forex was (and to a large extent still is) that is seems to be "scammers heaven". The sheer volume of offers in the world of forex makes it very difficult to seperate the good from the bad. And then on top of it, some of the services that get great reviews on this site have website designs that scream scam to me (the usual sign-up now, limited availability, one page scroll down nightmare, etc).

I am very happy I found FPA, I must admit that in the beginning I was sceptical and kept looking for your scam strategy. I'm getting to trust the team behind this site and I am relieved to have found a site with honest, helpful people, looking to keep the forex business clean and profitable.

Sorry for my rant, in short: You guys do a great job and I'd be happy to promote FPA to help you reach a wider audience.

A suggestion regarding the reviews: The rating system is very helpful but sometimes I read 4 star reviews to learn that the great ratings are 1-2 years old and the most recent ratings are lower. Some scamsters get 5-star reviews in the beginning when they are building up their profit stream, after a few months the 3 star ratings start to drop in but before the service is deemed a scam the review heading still shows 4 stars.

Also for trading strategies. A trading strategy may be great when first introduced and with a committed publisher it gets great ratings, with changing markets the strategy is crap 12 months down the line but only gets 1 or 2 poor ratings so the overall rating is still 4-5 star.

It would be helpful to have two ratings, keep the one you have with total average and add a moving average rating for the last 3 or 6 months (or maybe an EMA applied to all ratings).

My 5 cents!

/CoreWorx

Last edited:
Hi coreworx,

your evaluation of the forex world is pretty spot on in my opinion, tred carefully. It's really no great surprise when you think about it, forex is the ultimate 'get rich quick' scheme and attracts con artists and gullible punters by the bucket load. It can be made to look so easy, everybody is ready to divulge their secrets of success for a buck, roll up roll up place your bets!

To be honest that's what most people are doing, gambling in a sophisticated manner.

Good luck in your new found market.

Back