• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Equitimax - are they legit?

Rebuttal - Head office

This is a regulated product and as such has to adhere to strict guidelines.

It is against the law for clients name and account numbers to be shared in the public domain, in exactly the same way as a bank couldn't share the account details of their clients. If clients name were shared this would be a breach of SYSC 13.7

Even if it wasn't entirely illegal, the question then is how would that client whose account we used on a 3rd party verification site have become a client in the first place? Investors do not join without seeing past performance.

From experience Investors only deposit after they have seen the performance of trading strategy's whilst it was simulated, and this normally requires a minimum 6 month period.

Therefore under cobs 4.6 all regulated managed trading services should show the period prior to launch as simulated and after launch as live.

4 X asset management position on this matter is based on advice from their legal representatives to ensure they don't fall short of any legislation.

We appreciate opinion / feedback on this matter and we totally understand the questions asked all relate to checking our validity.

The guidelines we follow are not ours they are set by the FCA

Did I forget to mention that account names and account numbers can be covered? Naturally, you would also want to have the account holder's permission.

Or, you could mirror a client account onto a company owned account with the same starting balance at the same brokers and MT4 server.

Since either version of the above would not only show current, but also past performance (back to when the accounts start to trade), it would be the perfect way to show off your company's performance in a way which potential clients could trust. There would be no reason not to also brag about other performance on your website (both hypothetical and claimed real), but the Performance Test would be performance which anyone could look at and know came straight from the broker.

I'd love to see the exact FCA rule which would make this illegal. If there is one, please post a direct quote and a link to it.

Did I forget to mention that account names and account numbers can be covered? Naturally, you would also want to have the account holder's permission.

Or, you could mirror a client account onto a company owned account with the same starting balance at the same brokers and MT4 server.

Since either version of the above would not only show current, but also past performance (back to when the accounts start to trade), it would be the perfect way to show off your company's performance in a way which potential clients could trust. There would be no reason not to also brag about other performance on your website (both hypothetical and claimed real), but the Performance Test would be performance which anyone could look at and know came straight from the broker.

I'd love to see the exact FCA rule which would make this illegal. If there is one, please post a direct quote and a link to it.

Rebuttal Head Office

There are still a few issues with your suggestion. All feedback is greatly received however being a regulated product we have to stay within the FCA legislation.

We have connected hundreds of investors to our trading strategies and a key part of our growth has been our transparency.

We are active on forumns (which many my find strange) to demonstrate we are very real and can be trusted and open to feedback however we are always governed by legislation and it is the role of the legal advisors to outline what we can and can't do.

The product we offer is a retail managed forex account and as this is a retail product the guidelines set by the FCA are very strict and are there to protect investors and put the investor first.

By clearly showing the difference between simulated and live results investors are able to clearly see all history of the trading strategies, including how they performed prior to launch and how they are performing now. This is why COBS 4.6 requires this.

Likewise we use multiple strategies, and investors can choose to have a mixture of all available strategies deployed onto their account at anyone stage. The strategies we have available try to be wherever possible uncorrelated i.e should one enter a drawdown because of specific market conditions the other should not.

So with multiple strategies and investors joining all the time at different stages throughout the year your suggestion provides a number of challenges, challenges that to show accurate results on 3rd party verification sites would still results in a breach of the legislation referred to above.

Specifically....

1 - Mirroring trades from a clients accounts to a company owned accout to show what the live results are still results in the same issue, irrelevant of whose actual account it is and that is as follows....

2 - Taking the example of an investor joining on the exact day we launch a new strategy and us then using that account (company or actual investor) to show results on 3rd party verification sites creates the following issues:

- That the very first investor would have only deposited had they seen past performance and therefore this performance they would have seen would have only been simulated (because at that time there is no other results available)

- As we would have had to publish simulated performance to attract that very first investor and this information is then in the public domain we are then governed by the marketing principals of the fca to ensure that that information we made public right at the start regarding that strategy remains in the public domain whilst that strategy is offered, as this is the only way all future investors can get an accurate representation of the strategy.

- If we fast forward 6 months and use the account of an investor that deposits in 6 months time to show the performance of a strategy the only results that will appear on the 3rd party verification sites will be the results of that account from when it started. Which means that account would not show the previous 6 months results that had occurred on the strategy and therefore sharing this to potential investors as a way to encourage them to invest would not be an accurate representation of the strategy as it had previous past performance that was not being declared.

Therefore which ever way we look at this unless there is a 3rd party verification site that can show all history of a trading strategy, including the history prior to launch (simulated) and every trade thereafter (live) we are still faced with the same situation which is a breach of COBS 4.6

If the feedback is that investors would be happy to join a strategy without seeing any past performance of any kind, then we would be able to use a 3rd party verification site as part of our client acquisition process. We do not believe this is ever likely to occur as potential investors wish to see the performance of a strategy prior to it being launched.

We invite all those wishing to confirm the position outlined in this post is correct to either contact the fca or a legal advisor with a background in asset management fca legislation.

And so you are claiming the FCA prohibits showing a live account that doesn't start exactly the same day as a new product becomes available to the public?

Did I miss the link to this regulation you keep referring to? If so, please post it again. If not, please put it in your next post.

And so you are claiming the FCA prohibits showing a live account that doesn't start exactly the same day as a new product becomes available to the public?

Did I miss the link to this regulation you keep referring to? If so, please post it again. If not, please put it in your next post.

Rebuttal Head Office

The recent comments we have made in this thread is about the legislation that governs how results from regulated asset managers are displayed in the public domain.

The legislation that governs this is known as COBS 4.2 and can be downloaded via this link:

https://www.handbook.fca.org.uk/handbook/COBS/4.pdf

To answer your latest question, you first need to determine when does performance tracking start for the "new trading strategy"?

Does it start the day it is made available for new investors (if it does then how do you attract investors to join that trading strategy as it will have ZERO history) or does it start months before it is launched, so when it is launched investors can see how it has performed over the previous months prior to launch.

Therefore as all new strategies will always need to show performance prior to launch (to demonstrate to investors its performance), then this performance has to be marked as simulated and as stated previously 3rd party websites don't make this differentiation.

There is a further point that also needs to be taken into consideration here. This is as follows...

Until a trading strategy has over 12 months results (irrelevant of whether during this time all the trading is on a LIVE account) the trading strategy must also be marked as simulated performance and this is explained in the explanation table that can be found in COBS at 4.6.4A

Therefore even if we used a live account from a client from today and uploaded it onto a 3rd party verification site, that account would still need to be marked as SIMULATED until it showed over 12 months results.

3rd party verification websites do not provide the facility to mark results as SIMULATED and this is why they are not used. If in the future the facility is made available where results displayed meet the guidelines set out in COBS 4.2 we would be happy to use them in the future.

I am registered in this managed account ( with both systems ) and started on December 9.
I'll update here the results that I will get.
A positive (in view of mine), is the broker - Infinox - , broker which is authorised and regulated by FCA and is part of FSCS ( Financial Services Compensation Scheme is the UK scheme that provides compensation of up to £ 50,000 for eligible investments if the firm become insolvent or were to stop trading )

Hi all - I am just curious if anyone has any results to share about this Managed FX program yet? I find it to be pretty interesting / impressive and would love to hear someone's verified trading results. Thank you!

Legit is a word that can be used when we have proper proof of the results. I have heard of equitimax but have not tried it. There is one thing for sure for all the investors out there and that is we should invest only that we can afford to lose.

Well I feel there is no company that can be called legitimate even the regulated hedged funds are not 100% safe. It is all about right timing. Enter at the right time and get profits and exit.

Program looks interesting but like others need to see some proof and independant reviews. Any update from those that have been/are involved?

Thanks

Back