Etoro, 60 usd and a newbie

schmetterlingmx

Recruit
Hi everyone, i'm new in the forum and also a newbie in the whole forex world.

My short story with etoro, starts by joining this site under a person who would (thru team viewer programm) make all the operations in my account, in order to make me win always or almost always, because he was a so called profi and me just a newbie.

After joining as his referral, i made my first deposit in etoro, that was 60 usd because right now i don't have lots of money in my paypal. In our next session, he would start making all the operations for me, but i discovered on time, that it was just scam, i read the feedback of other people who did the same with this scammer, and i found out what was his real purpose. Of course i deleted him inmediately from my teamviewer and all, but now i'm alone with my humble 60 usd and no idea what to do in etoro, or how to start.

Any suggestions for this newbie?
Thanks!

If you joined as his referral, withdraw all funds and close the account. Otherwise, the scammer will be getting a cut of your spread.

Make certain to tell eToro about the scammer.

Hi, I also are with Etoro and havent had any problems so far, sorry to hear that you have. I was wondering how was this person scamming you and what their name is. Sorry I have no suggestions for you, new myself.

If you joined as his referral, withdraw all funds and close the account. Otherwise, the scammer will be getting a cut of your spread.

Make certain to tell eToro about the scammer.

Hi schmetterlingmx,

You should absolutely send us the scammer's details and how you got in touch with him. Please email us at social@etoro.com with all the relevant info. This will help us prevent other people from falling into the same trap.

As for withdrawing, just make sure that you didn't get any bonus, and that your account details are complete, then you can withdraw your funds, no problem. If on the other hand you do want to give trading a try anyway, you can do so by using our social trading network where you can copy expert traders for free.

In general, now that so many platforms offer social trading, it's so much better and safer than a managed account, especially when you don't much about the person managing it. With social trading, the traders you're copying have only their own interest in mind, and that interest is to make money off the market. The fact that you're copying them doesn't affect that.

Looking forward to hearing from you,
Laura, eToro Team

Back