ETORO blocked my money for a transfer of 200EUROS in BTC from wallet

Danroma87

Recruit
Hello,

I received on the 27 November an email ETORO where my etoro wallet was blocked, I was asked my relation with a specificif bitcoin address.

I sent 200euros less or more of BTC, for the purchase of an iPad, which was regularly listed on an second had website, the seller, convinced me to pay via BTC, and I was stupid enough to let me scam, because I never received any item.
After some days, I received another email saying that ETORO were no longer able to offer me any service, that all my position would be closed automatically after 72hour.

Now this countdown is gone, my positions are still there, I sent part of the requested documentation asking details to give ETORO more, I sent something like 7 messages trying to settle the situation because I HAVE DONE NOTHING OF WRONG, I'm not a criminal!

Now, I'm honestly starting to be worried because ETORO do not answer me, there is no way to communicate, I would like at this point just to have my money back, or at least to know something, why my money is blocked since almost one month? For a BTC transfer of 200euros?

Those are my small saving, and this time I'm feeling threathened because no one is giving me an answer, things are not going as ETORO said (automatic close after 72 hours) but I can't open new position, I can't withdrawal my money, this is really unfair and unprofessional and is hurting me psychologically

There are other threads on FPA regarding eToro. You may want to take a look and see if others were able to get resolution or what their current status is (i.e. one talks about a class action lawsuit)? If no, you should post the contact information, accounts used, etc. to warn others who read your post (obviously don't disclose your personal details when doing so)

1609868084576.png

Hello,

I received on the 27 November an email ETORO where my etoro wallet was blocked, I was asked my relation with a specificif bitcoin address.

I sent 200euros less or more of BTC, for the purchase of an iPad, which was regularly listed on an second had website, the seller, convinced me to pay via BTC, and I was stupid enough to let me scam, because I never received any item.
After some days, I received another email saying that ETORO were no longer able to offer me any service, that all my position would be closed automatically after 72hour.

Now this countdown is gone, my positions are still there, I sent part of the requested documentation asking details to give ETORO more, I sent something like 7 messages trying to settle the situation because I HAVE DONE NOTHING OF WRONG, I'm not a criminal!

Now, I'm honestly starting to be worried because ETORO do not answer me, there is no way to communicate, I would like at this point just to have my money back, or at least to know something, why my money is blocked since almost one month? For a BTC transfer of 200euros?

Those are my small saving, and this time I'm feeling threathened because no one is giving me an answer, things are not going as ETORO said (automatic close after 72 hours) but I can't open new position, I can't withdrawal my money, this is really unfair and unprofessional and is hurting me psychologically
First of all, invite the company by using the invite company option to your thread. And if you are unable to locate the option then this thread "Tutorial: How to Invite a company to your thread." will help you to find out.

Note: Invitation button will be enabled when your first post reaches 4 days old.
Note 2: Make sure to follow the suggestions correctly, when you do it correctly you will get below message in your thread automatically.
Note 3: Make sure to share your account number (Only account number). Many time this help companies to find out you are genuine or not.

OP Screen shot.jpg

Till then follow the below-suggested options to draw their attention on your issue

Invite them to join this thread via email (Send an email to every possible address).
Go to their website and invite them to here via Live Chat

You will find their email and address here https://www.etoro.com/en/customer-service/contact-us/

Also, share your story as a review here https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/forex-reviews/3731/www.etoro.com

You can also share your story on their social media pages mentioned below:
https://www.facebook.com/eToro

https://twitter.com/etoro

https://www.linkedin.com/company/167277/?trk=tyah

https://www.youtube.com/etoro

https://www.instagram.com/etoro_official/

Thanks guys, I really appreciate, I invited etoro to this thread.
Please if anyone has other suggestion, everything is really appreciated

No, my total loss is 2700Euros, the 200euros are the reason for which my account has been blocked: I have done a transfer of BTC, equal to 200euros, in one account that for some reason they did not liked, and that was enough for blocking everything.

I
Thanks guys, I really appreciate, I invited etoro to this thread.
Please if anyone has other suggestion, everything is really appreciated
I cant see your invitation here, Make sure to follow my suggestions carefully.

Guys, I took my money back.
Now, I suppose that this is a sort of IT bug, because they changed the withdrawal UI on the website.
Yesterday, while I have still everything blocked, and the customer service who not even answer anymore to my ticket, I randomly tried to withdrawal, I immediately noticed a different UI, so I tried... and guys, I withdrawed my money!
Untile the previous week, I use to take an error as soon as you click "next" after setting the amount to withdraw, not this time.

Now, I have made a lot of noise, I contacted FCA, Financial Ombudsman, CONSOB, all of them told me just that they were unable to to something.

So, I never received an official communication saying, "ehy, you can take your money" ( and consider that I opened something like 10 ticked DAILY just to annoy the customer service".
I'm suspecting that there is something not properly working on bloked account, and withdrawal is working, from my side, everything is unchanged, I still have ticket pending, but I took my f****** money back!!!!
Guys, let's try and see if I am right

Hello,

Was this solved, did they let you take your money out?

Back