• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Problem etoro.com bluntly stilling money from account and give no explanation

I am having an issue with a company
ETORO GETTING NASTIER......!!!!!

THEY HAVE KNOW CANCEL MY WITHDRAWN KEPT, ALL THE MONEY AND DEACTIVATE THE ACCOUNT.SURELY MUST BE A WAY TO MAKE THIS COMPANY ACCOUNTABLE FOR THE WAY TREAT HIS COSTUMERS.ANY SUGGESTION FROM FELLOW TRADERS WOULD BE VERY MUCH APPRECIATED.
HERE AS FOLLOW LATER EXCHANGE

Can you explain how I open a new request when you suspended my account.It seems that after my complain you decided to keep all the money.I still unsure of your calculation regarding the bonus and I also been waiting for your reply regarding unauthorized activity on my account ( case#: 1023085).You made no mention to the loss I bared due to late arbitrary opening of position missed days earlier and later added by support with no authorization from my part.It would be nice to that see in your calculation that taken into account.However I will accept the 1231.51 $ withdrawn once you reactivate my account.

cicciobello
prova123456@aol.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Shani Levy-Koren (eToro) <support@etorocs.zendesk.com>
To: Francesco Pappalardo <prova123456@aol.com>
Sent: Wed, 3 Dec 2014 9:44
Subject: [eToro] Re: withdrawal - case#: 1024517

##- Please type your reply above this line -##
Your request (1024517) has been updated. To add additional comments, reply to this email.
Shani Levy
Shani Levy-Koren (eToro)
Dec 03 09:44
Dear Francesco Pappalardo,
Please note that since there was no reply from you and since we cannot keep holding the funds under in process withdrawal, we have cancelled your request and credited your balance back.
You may open new request any time.
Should you require further assistance or information, please reply to this message or chat live with us during our business hours.
Best regards,
eToro Customer Service Team.
Shani Levy
Shani Levy-Koren (eToro)
Nov 28 14:17
The amount that needs to be deducted in case you withdrawing 1231.51$ will be 98$.
Should you require further assistance or information, please reply to this message or chat live with us during our business hours.
Best regards,
Francesco
Francesco Pappalardo
Nov 28 10:48
Can you please specify the amount you intend to release ?It s not quite clear after all your calculation
cicciobello
prova123456@aol.com

From: Shani Levy-Koren (eToro) <support@etorocs.zendesk.com>
Sent: Thu, 27 Nov 2014 15:23
Subject: [eToro] Re: withdrawal - case#: 1024517

I really feel I have been taken for a ride by etoro here their latest reply which doesn t make any sense .....

Tali Mya Gil (eToro)
Dec 04 06:30

We apologize for the delay in getting back to you.
Please be advised that these trades were copied from cyrano184 and they closed for you when said trader closed them manually. As they were under the direct control of the trader you were copying, unfortunately we cannot take responsibility of the timing of their closure.

We apologize for any confusion or inconvenience.

Best regards,

It is actually the opposite the position were not open at right time and after my complain they intervene and open them manually two days later.

Here as follow the latest reply from etoro following my resolution case on Paypal

Shani Levy
Shani Levy-Koren (eToro)
Dec 04 11:37

Please note that your account was automatically trade block as we have been informed that your PayPal account {prova123456@aol.com} was picked for an investigation on your transactions.

As long as the investigation is not over with PayPal are holding the funds and we are not able to send you funds back.

Please kindly be advised to send us a copy of the following documents:

Please contact PayPal and end the investigation we will send you the remaining balance once this will be done after deducting the NWA.

You can simply reply to this e-mail and attach the colour copies of the required documents to your email.

Best regards,

Please note my account wasn t picked for an investigation I simply open a resolution case against etoro.Also note request from to sent "following documentation" but not specifying which and issue never raised before as they do have validated scan of my passport.
They ask me to cancel the resolution case to reactivate my account and to provide undefined document.
What should I do ....any suggestion ?

In regards to the unauthorized activity on my Webrader here as follow etoro reply

Liza Shifrin (eToro)
Dec 04 20:11

Kindly note, we have investigated your claim again and found the following:

Position ID: 136115802 was copied from "cyrano184" on 05/11/14 at 13:14:38 GMT with the rate of 114.7500. Please note that "cyrano184" opened this trade with the same exact rate and time.

Position ID: 136115258 was copied from "cyrano184" on 05/11/14 at 13:08:07 GMT with the rate of 1.5904. Please note that "cyrano184" opened this trade with the same exact rate and time.

Position ID: 136115194 was copied from "cyrano184" on 05/11/14 at 13:07:39 GMT with the rate of 1.2470. Please note that "cyrano184" opened this trade with the same exact rate and time.

As you can see, according to our data, all of position ID's you have provided were opened exactly at the same time and rate as for the copied trader. Therefore we could not find any downtime or failures rgrding this matter. Please reply this email and explain further why do you think the positions er not copied correctly

However we did notice that in the account statement- the time shown switched between the minutes and the seconds ( for example positions id: 136115802 shows as open from 13:38 although she was opened on 13:14:38).
We have forwarded this information to our tech team and they will further investigate this matter.

We apologize for any confusion this may have caused.

Best regards,

That is not the case.I do have proof that etoro manually opened those trade after my chat support complain and those been the last positions opened and shortly closed on my account statement.Not expert on trading but after that blunt illegal intervention I had no doubt about etoro criminal behaviour.
Here as follow email and support chat exchange

Original Inquiry

Case ID: 1023085

Subject: MISSED COPIED TRADES CYRANO 184

Description:
POSITIONS OPENED ON MY PARTNER PRACTICE ACCOUNT A MINUTE BEFORE THE POSITION NUMBER 136016471 WHICH IS THE ONLY ONE IS SHOWING IN MY WT.
AMOUNT INVESTED 572 ON REAL
647 ON PRACTICE
PLEASE EXPLAIN

From: eToro Customer Support (eToro) <support@etorocs.zendesk.com>
Sent: Wed, 5 Nov 2014 10:41
Subject: Request received: MISSED COPIED TRADES CYRANO 184 - case#: 1023085

##- Please type your reply above this line -##

Thank you for your inquiry.

Customer Service has opened a new case with the reference number: 1023085
We are investigating your query and we will provide you with an update soon.

my response:

I know have 4 position open at 80 $ loss when before your intervention I was around 20$ profit.I could have been 100 $ dollars profit if trade was opened at the time.
Definitely not the sort of help \i need from you guys can especially when given without an explanation.Can you please rectify the situation as I have not given you any consent to open those position for me at later stage and consequentially to a great loss rather than profit ?

cicciobello

and again on chat support

AS I WAS SAYING ON LIVE CHAT BEFORE BEEN CUT OFF HERE THE INFO YOU REQUESTED
AT THE TIME i OPEN A CASE i HAD ONE POSTION OPEN FROM CYRANO 184 ....N ID 136016471

i NOTICED ON MY PARTENER ACCOUNT THAT A MINUTE BEFORE THAT HE OPENED TWO OTHER POSITION i THINK ORIGINALLY IDENTIFIED AS 296248293 AND 296248242 USD/JPY AND GBP/USD

FOLLOWING MY COMPLAINT THEY OPEN THOSE MISSING TRADES AT LATER DATE (2 DAY LATER AT THE GREAT LOSS )AND IT APPEAR THEY REOPENED THE ONLY TRADE I HAD EUR/USD

SO ORIGINALLY CYRANO 184 HAD THREE POSITION OPEN 180 $ SOMETHING ON PROFIT

WHEN I HAD ONLY ONE

AFTER YOUR INTERVENTION I HAD FOUR OPEN

ONE IN PROFIT ORIGINALLY OPEN AT THE RIGHT TIME

AND THREE ADDED BY SUPPORT AT ABOUT 160 $ LOSS

I NEVER ASK YOU TO OPEN THOSE FOR ME MY QUERY WAS TO CLARIFY THE REASON WHY THEY WEREN T OPEN AT THE RIGHT TIME

NO CONSENT OR REQUEST WAS MADE TO YOU TO RECTIFY YOUR ERROR AT MY EXPENSES
cicciobello

On my account statement you can see clearly all new position opened (2 missed + only one I had ...also recopied manually by etoro staff)plus the one I had originally.
Now they can say whatever they want but up to this date they haven t provide a single evidence.

To AsstModerator may I ask you when this case go public for the vote ?

Back