EU regulation terrible lowering of leverage

Maurits1

Recruit
Monday (2 july '18) I got the notification about new EU rules lowering the leverage

30:1 for major currency pairs
20:1 for non-major currency pairs, gold and major indices
10:1 for commodities other than gold and non-major equity indices
5:1 for individual equities and other reference values
2:1 for cryptocurrencies

It looks like it, it is possible to do something about this. Even individually. Within this time window of 8 weeks. I propose to have a look at this.

--> Posting this on other fora to let more people know? Where, by who?

Monday (2 july '18) I got the notification about new EU rules lowering the leverage

30:1 for major currency pairs
20:1 for non-major currency pairs, gold and major indices
10:1 for commodities other than gold and non-major equity indices
5:1 for individual equities and other reference values
2:1 for cryptocurrencies

It looks like it, it is possible to do something about this. Even individually. Within this time window of 8 weeks. I propose to have a look at this.

--> Posting this on other fora to let more people know? Where, by who?

Prove you qualification to your broker and they will increase the leverage. It's still available for qualified broker as my broker explained.

This should be a topic. True or not?

There could be other things too -by the way- Everything is just not working in our favour and as a result being able to note what has to.
I was thinking before, but what is said at here, I feel for this fxpig.com/blogs/educate. Scrolling down there are some topics that point to it. I don't mean extensive study of this, just to illustrate. Or do if inspiring. Somehow this could be misinterpreted. And I just want to prevent unintentionally tiring people when linking somewhere.
But it "misses" communication between people in general like I mean here. But also a broker is not a place for that in the first place necessarily.

I just opened an account there, I don't work there.

This is what I saw in the notification of the broker I have been having regularly and exclusively until now.

Relevant experience in the financial services sector
You work or have worked in the financial sector for at least one year in a professional position, which requires knowledge of the transactions or services envisaged.

As I know, this is a termporary conditions. But this restrictions provided to avoid a high risk on forex trading. Moreover, each occupated trader can be aproved as a professional and get ability to trade with more leverage options.

I think the consequences of this type of thing could be too high. But it is not just that. Look how the EU (ESMA) responds to something that also has its own community. This site to give an example. Or Forexfactory. Or more. And looking at the organisation and atmosphere their influence should be much larger on the whole subject.

Basically where it is about any important things, the opportunity to have control and input.

I think, possibly that this thread could be a bother to people that involved themselves already in other aspects of trading then the trading on itself. So as far as this is the case, no attention is asked. Even: some other forum could be a better place for it. So this could be an important thing here. Because I don't see where and in a way it would work, so at least a thread that leads to some discussion about it.

And the United States (or other continents). I have the impression that this type of thing works more smothering in the United States as in the EU. Or is it?

Prove you qualification to your broker and they will increase the leverage. It's still available for qualified broker as my broker explained.

Don't you need lots of cash to do this?

home.saxo/campaigns/esma-professional-client-status

The rules are changing, so I guess at the first glance it may seems to be ridiculous, but honestly speaking sometimes we don’t understand what kind of consequences it will bring to us and we can analyze it only when the time pasts. So how is the situation now?

I find that EU regulators are just trying to minimise risks involved with trading with leverage. It might be good protection for new traders on the market, but I don’t think that experienced traders are going to be much happy about this regulation

Back