EUR/USD Daily Video, April 16, 2012

Sive Morten

Special Consultant to the FPA
Good morning,
Friday's price action gives us more confidence with probable downward continuation:

The technical portion of Sive's analysis owes a great deal to Joe DiNapoli's methods, and uses a number of Joe's proprietary indicators. Please note that Sive's analysis is his own view of the market and is not endorsed by Joe DiNapoli or any related companies.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is the same observation that I have Sive. I have been trading the range on this pair for quite some time and after Friday rundown it looks like this pair is about to break into a lower range. Great job on the video.

sorry sive but i could not make out what you were sayng towards the end
about the double ??repo fly pattern??
if you could clarify or send a link explaining it
thanks
i love your videos.

thanks
i love your videos.

Hi Snirbitton,
probably you should use context search inside of my part of forum, since I've described it million of times already, even in videos.
If I do not mess something - in the root thread there is trade example that includes double repo... But I'm not sure...

thanks
i love your videos.

Sive uses a lot of trader jargon all of which is explained in the FPA school. Double repo is something Joe Dinapoli talks about in his book and is essentially a reversal pattern coupled with a moving average. It is a great read. If you spend an afternoon watching 15 or 18 videos straight, you'll pick up on a lot of his terms. Good luck.

He said "double repo failure" pattern. The double repo is the reversal pattern which he explained in the video - close (on bearish move) below, above, below the 3x3 SMA and obviously the double repo failure is the continuation pattern, to the downside.

thanks
i love your videos.

Hi Snirbitton,
btw - in today's video you can see perfect example of DRPO "Buy" pattern. In general this DiNapoli pattern and you can read about it in his book "Trading with DiNapoli Levels"

He said "double repo failure" pattern. The double repo is the reversal pattern which he explained in the video - close (on bearish move) below, above, below the 3x3 SMA and obviously the double repo failure is the continuation pattern, to the downside.

Hi Wave Rider,
I just want to add. You've described DRPO "Sell" pattern. DRPO "Buy" appears at bottoms and shows close above 3x3 DMA first, then close below and then close above again.

Back