EUR/USD daily video, December 21, 2010

Sive Morten

Special Consultant to the FPA
Good morning,
I expect move to 1.3245-1.3265 area due to reasons, that I've mentioned in this video. Watch for market behavior there, it will be crucial for market's move at the end of the week:

portion of Sive's analysis owes a great deal to Joe DiNapoli's methods, and uses a number of Joe's proprietary indicators. Please note that Sive's analysis is his own view of the market and is not endorsed by Joe DiNapoli or any related companies.

Last edited by a moderator:
hallo Sive,
regarding your butterfly on Mon. 20th Dec., against the top of XA leg you mentioned an excellent example of W&R in the video at 1,3498;
Jo DiNapoli is speaking from a market which is in a sideway consolidation above or under a D-level with less momentum; but on 13th-14th of Dec. there was a strong upmove to 1,3498 from X to point A; further he explained, in a short time frame the stops are falling like domino stones and a price thrust is resulting;
can you determine the sections of this W&R signal?
give us your insight to make it clear for me or us, please!?
thanks Sive,
Erich

daily butterfly

hallo Sive,
a second question: would you agree to this Gartley or is the upmove absolutly not probable to the end of the year?
this would confirm your butterfly from yesterday,20th Dec;
lg, Erich

Attachments

• eurusd_21dec2010_butterfly.png
    eurusd_21dec2010_butterfly.png
    41 KB · Views: 194
Joe DiNapoli's Methods

Dear Sive:

How can one learn about the Joe DiNapoli's methods in order to fully understand your analyses?

hallo Sive,
regarding your butterfly on Mon. 20th Dec., against the top of XA leg you mentioned an excellent example of W&R in the video at 1,3498;
Jo DiNapoli is speaking from a market which is in a sideway consolidation above or under a D-level with less momentum; but on 13th-14th of Dec. there was a strong upmove to 1,3498 from X to point A; further he explained, in a short time frame the stops are falling like domino stones and a price thrust is resulting;
can you determine the sections of this W&R signal?
give us your insight to make it clear for me or us, please!?
thanks Sive,
Erich

Hi, Erich,
unfortunately, in the book Joe pays small attention to W&R signal. I do not know why, may be due the fact that it was not spread enough in 90s. But in nowadays, you can see it very often.
So, W&R is not limited just situations of consolidation above or below strong areas or LPO's. You can see it, for example, if some LPO above/below previous extremes- market just hits the LPO and accelerates to it, when stops have been triggered. W&R can happen during different breakout failures, or when market is overbought/oversold then possible breakout could fail and show W&R.
Just understand the nature of this pattern - during W&R larger participants creat their inventories by smaller participants. What usually happens during any breakout - stops triggered, breakout traders enter in the direction of breakout. If larger players buy all these orders - market shows fast return. This IS a W&R.

hallo Sive,
a second question: would you agree to this Gartley or is the upmove absolutly not probable to the end of the year?
this would confirm your butterfly from yesterday,20th Dec;
lg, Erich

Well, anything could be possible. Market will be thin in New Year's eve...But I prefer to talk about definite targets after definite signals. Currently I see some bullish signs, and nearest target is 1.3265. If market will break it - then we'll see...
Dear Sive:

How can one learn about the Joe DiNapoli's methods in order to fully understand your analyses?

Just read his book - "Trading with DiNapoli levels"

W&R

Hello Sive!
during any breakout - stops triggered, breakout traders enter in the direction of breakout - larger players buy all these orders - market shows fast return

Do you prefer to see a higher momentum in the breakout than in the return of W&R?
Do you see RRT as a special kind of W&R created in time lapse?

thank's Sive!

Hello Sive!

Do you prefer to see a higher momentum in the breakout than in the return of W&R?
Do you see RRT as a special kind of W&R created in time lapse?

thank's Sive!

1. I think no. For me it's not so important, because to anticipate W&R and take it before W&R completed is very dangerous. Usually, I enter after completing.

2.Well, in fact, they have a bit different nature, but looks similar. I suppose that W&R is a special kind of RRT, because RRT (if it is real one in nature) is more rare than W&R.

Back