1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EUR/USD daily video, December 21, 2010

Discussion in 'Sive Morten- Currencies and Gold Video Analysis' started by Sive Morten, Dec 21, 2010.

1. Sive Morten

Sive Morten Special Consultant to the FPA

Good morning,
    I expect move to 1.3245-1.3265 area due to reasons, that I've mentioned in this video. Watch for market behavior there, it will be crucial for market's move at the end of the week:

portion of Sive's analysis owes a great deal to Joe DiNapoli's methods, and uses a number of Joe's proprietary indicators. Please note that Sive's analysis is his own view of the market and is not endorsed by Joe DiNapoli or any related companies.

#1 Sive Morten, Dec 21, 2010
    Lasted edited by : Aug 15, 2015
  2. erich

erich Private, 1st Class

hallo Sive,
    regarding your butterfly on Mon. 20th Dec., against the top of XA leg you mentioned an excellent example of W&R in the video at 1,3498;
    Jo DiNapoli is speaking from a market which is in a sideway consolidation above or under a D-level with less momentum; but on 13th-14th of Dec. there was a strong upmove to 1,3498 from X to point A; further he explained, in a short time frame the stops are falling like domino stones and a price thrust is resulting;
    can you determine the sections of this W&R signal?
    give us your insight to make it clear for me or us, please!?
    thanks Sive,
    Erich

3. erich

erich Private, 1st Class

daily butterfly

hallo Sive,
    a second question: would you agree to this Gartley or is the upmove absolutly not probable to the end of the year?
    this would confirm your butterfly from yesterday,20th Dec;
    lg, Erich

Attached Files:

4. acgolfer

acgolfer Recruit

Joe DiNapoli's Methods

Dear Sive:

How can one learn about the Joe DiNapoli's methods in order to fully understand your analyses?

5. Sive Morten

Hi, Erich,
    unfortunately, in the book Joe pays small attention to W&R signal. I do not know why, may be due the fact that it was not spread enough in 90s. But in nowadays, you can see it very often.
    So, W&R is not limited just situations of consolidation above or below strong areas or LPO's. You can see it, for example, if some LPO above/below previous extremes- market just hits the LPO and accelerates to it, when stops have been triggered. W&R can happen during different breakout failures, or when market is overbought/oversold then possible breakout could fail and show W&R.
    Just understand the nature of this pattern - during W&R larger participants creat their inventories by smaller participants. What usually happens during any breakout - stops triggered, breakout traders enter in the direction of breakout. If larger players buy all these orders - market shows fast return. This IS a W&R.

Well, anything could be possible. Market will be thin in New Year's eve...But I prefer to talk about definite targets after definite signals. Currently I see some bullish signs, and nearest target is 1.3265. If market will break it - then we'll see...
    Just read his book - "Trading with DiNapoli levels"

6. erich

erich Private, 1st Class

W&R

Hello Sive!
    Do you prefer to see a higher momentum in the breakout than in the return of W&R?
    Do you see RRT as a special kind of W&R created in time lapse?

thank's Sive!

7. Sive Morten

1. I think no. For me it's not so important, because to anticipate W&R and take it before W&R completed is very dangerous. Usually, I enter after completing.

2.Well, in fact, they have a bit different nature, but looks similar. I suppose that W&R is a special kind of RRT, because RRT (if it is real one in nature) is more rare than W&R.