EUR/USD Daily Video, December 29, 2011

Sive Morten

Special Consultant to the FPA
Good morning,

market has moved for another one step to our medium term targets around 1.2750-1.2830 area by showing nice plunge yesterday. Let's discuss current situation and how you can join downward move, if you want:

The technical portion of Sive's analysis owes a great deal to Joe DiNapoli's methods, and uses a number of Joe's proprietary indicators. Please note that Sive's analysis is his own view of the market and is not endorsed by Joe DiNapoli or any related companies.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Sive
thanks once again for your analysis
which do you find is more profitable taking profit at defined targets e.g the Euro at 1.2750 or in my case i am short at 1.3553 and again at 1.3167 both breakout trades i am 880 pips up at present i move my stop up either 2 * atr on the daily or just above daily support and resistance levels.so my strategy is to capture as much of the trend as possible,the downside to my strategy is giving back quite a bit to the market at times so i wont exit at 1.2750 but will only be out if my stop is hit
what do you think of this strategy ?

Hi Rod,
I think that you can hold your position when market will hit 1.2750-1.28 only if you have reasons to think that market will proceed lower without any significant retracement and your stops will not be hit.
IF you do not have a reasons for that and expect deep upward retracement, then more reasonable decision is to take profit at 1.2750-1.28.
Besides, there is always a possibility to make partial decision - take some profit, that you suggest reasonable and leave the rest of position.

Back