EUR/USD Daily Video, Jabuary 24, 2011

Sive Morten

Special Consultant to the FPA
Good morning,

Euro has solid resistance area at 1.3690-1.3730 area.
So, we can expect some signs of weakness there:

portion of Sive's analysis owes a great deal to Joe DiNapoli's methods, and uses a number of Joe's proprietary indicators. Please note that Sive's analysis is his own view of the market and is not endorsed by Joe DiNapoli or any related companies.

Last edited by a moderator:
GBP??

Hi Sive, You mention in your email that you will look quickly at GBP...did I miss it somwhere? Thanks as ever. John.

Found it :)

Hi Sive, my email didnt have a link to the weekly text and I found it with a bit of a search.

Have a great week everyone. ;)

Good Morning :)

Hello Mr. Morten

Thanks as always for your fine analysis it is very greatly appreciated. I am still trying to learn about these patterns and methods you use and I was hoping you could give me a quick opinion on this. I just ran across this Indicator the other day that I was allowed to download for free. (well at the cost of giving up my email address lol)

What this indicator does is draws Bats & Butterflys & Gartleys on charts for you. So could you tell me if these images below look valid to you? I would greatly appreciate your input on this. I figure this would be a great way to help me learn these patterns if this indicator is really working properly. Thanks for your time and all you do. Have a great day and happy pip'n! :)

Attachments

• eur-usd_h4_bullish-butterfly.gif
    eur-usd_h4_bullish-butterfly.gif
    36.6 KB · Views: 615
  • nzd-usd_h4_bullish-gartley.gif
    nzd-usd_h4_bullish-gartley.gif
    32.5 KB · Views: 595
  • gbp-usd_h4_bearish-butterfly.gif
    gbp-usd_h4_bearish-butterfly.gif
    37.2 KB · Views: 603
Hello Mr. Morten

Thanks as always for your fine analysis it is very greatly appreciated. I am still trying to learn about these patterns and methods you use and I was hoping you could give me a quick opinion on this. I just ran across this Indicator the other day that I was allowed to download for free. (well at the cost of giving up my email address lol)

What this indicator does is draws Bats & Butterflys & Gartleys on charts for you. So could you tell me if these images below look valid to you? I would greatly appreciate your input on this. I figure this would be a great way to help me learn these patterns if this indicator is really working properly. Thanks for your time and all you do. Have a great day and happy pip'n! :)

Hi 4x4 forever. I am deeply involved with trading harmonics and review Mr. Mortons video analysis faithfully. Would you be so kind and to share this harmonic indicator? I use metatrader as my platform for trading. Hope to hear from you soon. Thanks!

what is the indicator you downloaded? do you know the name of it?

It is called "Elemental Trader v2". Try searching for it.
I am not affiliated and do not support anything the source of this indicator is selling and do not wish my post to be viewed as advertising which it is not.
I do not yet know how to plot these formations myself so I am hoping for some validation if it works, because I learned better seeing and doing things then just reading about them. Thanks and have a great day!

Hello Mr. Morten

Hi 4x4ever,
Well, it seems that patterns are OK, but I prefer to see the price action prior the pattern also.
Concerning indicator itself - guys, you can exchange with links via e-mail, instead of FPA forum.

Hi 4x4ever,
Well, it seems that patterns are OK, but I prefer to see the price action prior the pattern also.
Concerning indicator itself - guys, you can exchange with links via e-mail, instead of FPA forum.

I didn't realize before posting that the snap shots cut off part of the charts. Here's the full view of the GBP/USD chart. Since you briefly discussed this pair and indicated you'll be looking for sell signs then maybe this bearish butterfly pattern will turn out to be valid ;)
I'm just using this as training tool to help learn and see if the patterns it shows over time amount to anything. Someday I hope to be able to analyse the charts as good as you on my own. Thanks again for all your great teachings and analysis! ~Markus

ps, doesn't it look like an upside down head & shoulders formation is forming now to the right of this butterfly? (it is 4 Hour chart view on spot market prices)

Attachments

• gbp-usd_full_h4_bearish-butterfly.gif
    gbp-usd_full_h4_bearish-butterfly.gif
    66.1 KB · Views: 491
Last edited:
Back