EUR/USD Daily Video, March 02, 2011

Sive Morten

Special Consultant to the FPA
Good morning,
Looks like market indends to touch the pivots, so,
here is how we can use it:

The technical portion of Sive's analysis owes a great deal to Joe DiNapoli's methods, and uses a number of Joe's proprietary indicators. Please note that Sive's analysis is his own view of the market and is not endorsed by Joe DiNapoli or any related companies.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Mr Morten, Could you be so kind and tell me if I`m right and there is a sell butterfly on daily GBPUSD. Thank you

Attachments

• gbpusd.gif
    gbpusd.gif
    15.9 KB · Views: 382
couple of questions

Hi Sive

couple of questions.

1.What does mean strong are of support, resistance?

2. You use 3X3 SMA on lower time frames (5M,15M, 1H) mostly. is it because on lower time frame it works better?

Thanks
Ronyboy:)

Hi Mr Morten, Could you be so kind and tell me if I`m right and there is a sell butterfly on daily GBPUSD. Thank you

Hi Timsar,
No, this is not a Butterfly, because the initial swing down of this pattern, should not be exceed by the retracement from it. In your case - see, the next up move has reached the higher level.

Hi Sive

couple of questions.

1.What does mean strong are of support, resistance?

2. You use 3X3 SMA on lower time frames (5M,15M, 1H) mostly. is it because on lower time frame it works better?

Thanks
Ronyboy:)

Hi Rony,
I do not exactly understand the quest about Support/resistance. Could you please clarify it a bit further?

2. No, in fact these patterns work better on daily, weekly, monthly. But it so happens that I mostly use them in intraday charts, because there you can see them oftener.

Patterns

Sive, could you do some training videos on good examples of :

1. butterfly
2. double repo
3. 222 pattern
4. ABC leg ( and extension targets of move)
5. ABCD leg
6. Drive Cell

I believe your postings have revived and interest in DiNapoli studies, however his book and video are hard to get and very expensive, appears he needs a second printing ( edition).

Also, what parameters do you use in your vertical and hoirzontal scaling on your charts. Your charts appear to be better at showing patters, mine is stretched out horizonatally and patters are not as easily recognizable.

Thanks

JB

Sive, could you do some training videos on good examples of :

1. butterfly
2. double repo
3. 222 pattern
4. ABC leg ( and extension targets of move)
5. ABCD leg
6. Drive Cell

I believe your postings have revived and interest in DiNapoli studies, however his book and video are hard to get and very expensive, appears he needs a second printing ( edition).

Also, what parameters do you use in your vertical and hoirzontal scaling on your charts. Your charts appear to be better at showing patters, mine is stretched out horizonatally and patters are not as easily recognizable.

Thanks

JB

Hi Jeff,
well, in general, you should have approx 150-200 bars on the chart at min.
Sometimes I reduce it, but only to show some patterns larger, because video has just 800x600 resolution.

Sive, you are the man!

Hello Sive,

Thank you very much for your detailed professional analysis of today's possible movement of EUR/USD pair. Congratulation for your forecast. The pair just behaved exactly the way you predicted. I followed your advice and made over 110 pips today. Thank you again.

Sive, you are the man!

Egon ;)

Eur/gdp

Hi Sive,
I have been watching the EUR/GDP for a few months now, and since June last year it has been stuck in a wedge pattern (weekly Chart).

It must be getting close to a breakout, but I have no idea how to trade it.

Any ideas?

Attachments

• EURGBP,Weekly.pdf
    41.4 KB · Views: 9
Hi Sive,
I have been watching the EUR/GDP for a few months now, and since June last year it has been stuck in a wedge pattern (weekly Chart).

It must be getting close to a breakout, but I have no idea how to trade it.

Any ideas?

Hi Matthew,
To create some suitable trading plan - we need to watch at all time frames.
But if we talk purely about your chart - here I see Gartley '222' pattern - solid thrust up then AB-CD retracement.
Now market is forming Butterfly "Sell" pattern. So, I think that probably you can try to enter with the s/l just below the lows of AB-CD retracement. Target - somewhere near the highs - to anticipate Butterfly.

But again - this is only due your chart. For solid trade plan we need to analize - trend, Directional indicators, OB/OS, support/resistance, where to place S/L, how to enter and where to exit.

Back