EUR/USD Daily Video, March 12, 2012

Sive Morten

Special Consultant to the FPA
Good morning,
it looks like weekly bearish engufling pattern intends to reach target around 1.29-1.2950 and our task now to find possibility to join this move:

The technical portion of Sive's analysis owes a great deal to Joe DiNapoli's methods, and uses a number of Joe's proprietary indicators. Please note that Sive's analysis is his own view of the market and is not endorsed by Joe DiNapoli or any related companies.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Sive,

First I hope that this does not happen! I am curious about something, I have been reading more and more about the tensions developing in Syria and Iran and the indication that Israel may attack first. I would like to know how you think the Market would react should something actually erupt and how quickly price may move. If the price moves quickly do you think there may be some opportunities to enter after a conflict starts?

I am also curious why something like this could actually drive price action given that the only ones who benefit are the Defense Contractors, the soldiers certainly do not benefit in any manner and in fact just the opposite is true! Since military action costs money how and why would a currency actually gain in value if that is the case?

Thanks,

Hello Sive,

First I hope that this does not happen! I am curious about something, I have been reading more and more about the tensions developing in Syria and Iran and the indication that Israel may attack first. I would like to know how you think the Market would react should something actually erupt and how quickly price may move. If the price moves quickly do you think there may be some opportunities to enter after a conflict starts?

I am also curious why something like this could actually drive price action given that the only ones who benefit are the Defense Contractors, the soldiers certainly do not benefit in any manner and in fact just the opposite is true! Since military action costs money how and why would a currency actually gain in value if that is the case?

Thanks,

Hi Sazu,
to be honest, I'm not an expert with such kind of events and their impact on the market, so do not treat my opinion as valuable.
As usuall, when any turmoil starts, this probably will support USD. Syria looks not so important as it stands in the chain of revolutions. The one thing is significant here is possible impeachment to President Obama, since it will enter troops withough Congress approvement. That could be significant.

More important in Iran. It is difficult to predict how it could turn. At start point USD and Crude oil will start to rise. but if war will continue too long time, this will be negative moment.
In general, I feel that US and NATO have opened pandora's box with Middle East revolution. They spread havoc and unstability on the large territory that extremely important in the World and this might lead to huge problems and unstable situation in long term perspective that could even reach as US as EU. No one currently will take a responsibility to predict how it will finish there and what it will become.

Back