EUR/USD Daily Video, May 16, 2012

Sive Morten

Special Consultant to the FPA
Good morning,
We still need retracement to enter short, but here some new details have appeared:

The technical portion of Sive's analysis owes a great deal to Joe DiNapoli's methods, and uses a number of Joe's proprietary indicators. Please note that Sive's analysis is his own view of the market and is not endorsed by Joe DiNapoli or any related companies.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear Sive and All
Just a quick note from the....battle zone:). The failure to form a Government in Greece has effected the market as there are many that are pricing out the exit of Greece from the Eurozone. In my oppinion this is only the surface. The previous govenrment has been aligned with the Mercozy line, while the majority as it was mapped by the election result (divided to 4 parties) are determined to alter the austerity principle to that of a more or less growth oriented one. This coupled with the new French president's stand scares the overleveraged European Banks (including the French ones) to react. This reaction dectates a strategy which promotes the dangers of Greece leaving Euro or the Eurozone. The interesting thing is that none of the above mentioned 4 parties that together constituted the majority of the vote state or promote Greeces exit. Quite the contraty they come to the point of saying that if Greece defaults (as if it has not already happened) this will be within the Eurozone. The climate will drastically change if the catastrophy scenario will influence the voters to return to the "security" of the previous regime. In the meantime the forecasts are in favor of the so called anti-austerity parties and particular the left SIRIZA and the right "Independent Greeks" that their programs are almost identical ! (this is Greece)
Best Regards to All

PS The scare I mentioned above is due to the fact that funds are increasing their cash positions which in turn might bring a liquidity problem with increased spreads.

Добрый день Сайв:)

I have several questions. How is this indicator called that you are using for oversold in this research? Is it some kind of MA?

Dont you think that the market, considering the fundumentals, could just continue its sharp downward move without any significant retracement on daily chart? In this case we would not have any possibility to enter the market.

Большое спасибо!

Антон, Украина

Добрый день Сайв:)

I have several questions. How is this indicator called that you are using for oversold in this research? Is it some kind of MA?

Dont you think that the market, considering the fundumentals, could just continue its sharp downward move without any significant retracement on daily chart? In this case we would not have any possibility to enter the market.

Большое спасибо!

Антон, Украина

This is derrivative indicator from Detrended Oscillator, let's call it as oscillator forecaster. If you would like to know what is Detrended oscillator (DOSC) and how it works - visit our FPA Forex Military School.

We particularly count on fundamentals. That's why in long-term perspectives we expect reaching of 1.16
I'm not sure with your scenario - moving w/o retracements. Usually 0.382 retracements happens quite often and we will get the chance to join the party.

Back